1.    #1  
    I have read several threads about how you can use Blazer to download ringtones and use the built-in sound manager to convert .wav files. However, these posts always say you cannot do it with something like Pocket Tunes installed because it hijacks the built-in sound manager. My question is... how do I go about getting a ringtone even if I have Pocket Tunes installed? I want to be able to put a .wave file on my Treo and play it as a ringtone. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu
    I have read several threads about how you can use Blazer to download ringtones and use the built-in sound manager to convert .wav files. However, these posts always say you cannot do it with something like Pocket Tunes installed because it hijacks the built-in sound manager. My question is... how do I go about getting a ringtone even if I have Pocket Tunes installed? I want to be able to put a .wave file on my Treo and play it as a ringtone. Any suggestions?
    try media manager at www.toysoft.ca you can select and reassign a default app for the extension that you download and target another app or just let media manager save it to the card.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    I gave it a try but it's still not working. I added the .wav extension to the list to use the default Sound Manager, but when I download the .wave file through Blazer, it only gives me options to save it to the external card or to PTunes. If I save it to the card, I cannot seem to copy it to the Treo. I keep getting an error. Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    try media manager at www.toysoft.ca you can select and reassign a default app for the extension that you download and target another app or just let media manager save it to the card.
    I gave it a try but it's still not working.
    Why am I not surprised at that...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why am I not surprised at that...
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Sorry, it was more a comment on your results with Toysoft. Typical result...

I'm not sure you can do what you ask.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    So in order to use a .wav file as a ringtone, I have to uninstall Pocket Tunes?
    So in order to use a .wav file as a ringtone, I have to uninstall Pocket Tunes?
    No, you just have to delete the Pocket Tunes WAV plugin. Make sure that you've got a backup of the pTunesWav file on your card and then either delete it from RAM using a file manager, or from within Pocket Tunes via the Tools/Plugins menu. After you've downloaded your wav ringtone, copy the pTunesWav file back to RAM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    No, you just have to delete the Pocket Tunes WAV plugin. Make sure that you've got a backup of the pTunesWav file on your card and then either delete it from RAM using a file manager, or from within Pocket Tunes via the Tools/Plugins menu. After you've downloaded your wav ringtone, copy the pTunesWav file back to RAM.
    Everytime you want to download a wav file? What a hassle.
    Deleting WAV plugin doesn't work. I did this in PTunes, reset Treo, then went to Blazer. Blazer still wanted to send to Ptunes or card. This happened to me in Blazer when I had HandZipperLite & LightNZip installed. Once I installed LNZip, HZL wasn't an option in Blazer. Only a hard reset for the firmware update corrected this. Maybe it's in the Saved Preferences file.

Anyway, I just use MP3ringer with Ptunes for the HelloMoto .wav ringtones.

I think you can use RescoExplorer to drag .WAV files from the SD card into Sounds, but I haven't tried it.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Many of us went through this last week trying to get the hellomoto.wav in as a ringer with pTunes installed.
    1. Install the file to the card.
    2. Find the file in Blazer/downloads.
    3. Send it to yourself with versamail.
    4. You can wait till it comes through or just go to the sent folder and open the email. 5. Tap the icon next to the wav file at the bottom of your email.
    6. Choose select viewer.
    7. Choose Sounds and the View button.
    8. Tap OK.

Now you have the wav file in the Sounds folder and you can use it as a ringer or and alarm.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    Many of us went through this last week trying to get the hellomoto.wav in as a ringer with pTunes installed.
    4. You can wait till it comes through or just go to the sent folder and open the email. 5. Tap the icon next to the wav file at the bottom of your email.
    6. Choose select viewer.
    8. Tap OK.

Now you have the wav file in the Sounds folder and you can use it as a ringer or and alarm.
    Exactly. That is the current workaround for direct .wav installation for pTunes users.

Oh, and in Step 3 above, you can also instead of sending it, just click on "Drafts".

Then, for Step 4, just open your "Drafts" folder.

I'll only add that it seems you may use any Mail Client, as I use Snappermail to accomplish the above (though with Snappermail you will have to rename your newly-imported Sound--very easy using the Sound & Alerts Manager). Works like a charm!
    Last edited by guncollector; 05/16/2005 at 01:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Been spending time trying to figure this out and I'm sure everyone's already got this, but here's what I got:

AMR, Wav and midi files:
    downloaded files on to my computer, emailed the files to myself; opened from my treo
    -Tap on the attachment folder's yellow icon
    -window pops up, select "viewer"
    -new window pops up (make sure "sounds" is selected on the list)
    -tap "View", a "Save as:..." comes up then press "OK"
    File is transferring and the Sound prefs window should then come up. Look for downloaded file in the sounds list and play.

I can now use these files on my sounds preference as ringtones. I can also attach a midi file to my favorites button (assign a ringtone to a specific caller) but not a wav and amr file. AMR files don't sound as good, though.

For mp3 files, need a app like Lightwav to incorporate mp3s as ringtones. I do have PTunes installed.

Well, that's it. Hope this helps someone else
    Last edited by simba; 05/19/2005 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    6. Choose select viewer.
    8. Tap OK.

So, I tried all that, and when I go to my ringers, my WAV file is not there. Am I missing something??

Thanks,

Ken