1.    #1  
    I did a search and didn't see anything similar to this.

Normally, I work out with my Ipod, but my Ipod is getting repaired for having the backlight go out (this may just be a bad week for me, because now I think my Treo is on the blink).

I plugged my headphones into the jack this morning and the sound quality of the MP3's (same files that sound great on my Ipod) came out poor. No static like others have reported, both ears work, and as far as I can tell its stereo and not mono...but the lyrics of the song seem to play in the background while the music sounds louder. Its as if an audio channel isn't working properly.

I've tried messing with the equalizer in PTunes but it has no effect.

I tried a friend's headset and it sounded the same so I'm sure its not the headset. We even tried putting the SD card in his Treo and in his it sounds fine, and on mine through the speaker there is no problem. All of which leaves me with the jack....sigh.

The unit is 3 months old which means I have to deal with PalmOne...and not Cingular.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I plugged my headphones into the jack this morning and the sound quality of the MP3's (same files that sound great on my Ipod) came out poor. No static like others have reported, both ears work, and as far as I can tell its stereo and not mono...but the lyrics of the song seem to play in the background while the music sounds louder. Its as if an audio channel isn't working properly.
    Sure sounds like the same problem that I just had:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83606

I had to get a new unit from Palm to fix the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Exactly the same problem.

I called PalmOne but apparently they don't handle the warranty problems for Cingular. They referred me to Cingular. The end result is they are sending me a new (or refurbished) one.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)