Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lulugirl, Very impressive! :-)
    where did u get Insaniquarium?
    I didn't think you could run SplashBlog from the SD card. http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209050.gif
    Ummm...a couple questions.
    1. What do you mean, "...use iSilo to convert..."? Convert what?
    2. Do you find Vindigo to be that useful?
    I've debated loading both on my Treo (had Avantgo at one point, but I didn't thoroughly search for content I would enjoy so SciFi channel was really all I used it for. Is that what iSilo does? Convert your own choices of websites?). I've never used Vindigo, but its always intrigued me. Lately though, I've wondered if it really offered much more than Express, which I currently use?
    Thanks for the info. I thought I had achieved "Treo Nirvana", but after reading your list I just feel...inadequete. :-(
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Pretty impressive work. I'm feeling a little like DrDoom. I thought I was also doing well.

Also checked out your Splashblog and it's good. I've got to get into doing something similar. I travel so much I need some way to post info for others to readily see anytime without getting my web site invaded all the time.
    I too have reached a state of near perfection... I customised the 1.23 rom to strip out all languages other than english, versamail and a few others. That provided me with enough free rom space for the following apps in rom:

ZLauncher (not reged yet)
    Uninstall Manager (reged)
    TreoAlarm (not reged yet)
    Snap (free)
    PowerRun (not reged yet)
    Graffiti Anywhere (free)
    FileZ (free)
    Directory Assistant (donation)
    Card Export II (reged)
    BackupBuddy VFS (reged)
    SnapperMail (reged)

Now for RAM...

Pocket Tunes (reged)
    KeyGuardTime+ (free)
    EWallet (reged) had this app from pocket pc days
    SplashPhoto (reged)
    ProfileCare/ScheduleCare (reged)
    CradleCare (reged)
    VoiceDialing (reged)
    TomTom Navigator 2004 (work bought this one)
    VPN (work bought this one too)

60% free ram avialable! SWEET! Stable with lots of room to play now...
    Got a few games, music and a movie on the SD Card along with the movie player tcpmp.

Spent more on the appz so far than I have on the phone! I just tell my wife it's better to spend it on this beauty than drinkin, drugs or women!
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    HI ChrisJ,

Nice work! The best part is, you include all the URL.

I have just slipped to the Dark Side (O2 XDA IIs), not thinking about coming back.... :-D
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    where did u get Insaniquarium?
    From Astraware
    Mobi·gas·mic!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I didn't think you could run SplashBlog from the SD card. http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209050.gif
    You can! Its better that way, because I subscribe to a few people's blogs too and it takes up a lot of space.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Ummm...a couple questions.
    1. What do you mean, "...use iSilo to convert..."? Convert what?
    2. Do you find Vindigo to be that useful?
    I've debated loading both on my Treo (had Avantgo at one point, but I didn't thoroughly search for content I would enjoy so SciFi channel was really all I used it for. Is that what iSilo does? Convert your own choices of websites?). I've never used Vindigo, but its always intrigued me. Lately though, I've wondered if it really offered much more than Express, which I currently use?
    Thanks for the info. I thought I had achieved "Treo Nirvana", but after reading your list I just feel...inadequete. :-(
    1.Use iSilo to convert webpages for offline viewing. If you check out my blog, I have a screenshot of what it looks like. The main differences between iSilo and AvantGo- Avantgo gets its update when you sync, iSilo can format the content at anytime then just put it on your Treo whenever you're ready (i.e. its quick). And iSilo is Hi-Res, Avantgo generally is not. Oh, and Avantgo lets you do a wireless sync, iSilo doesn't.
    2.I am on the fence with Vindigo...I can get the information from other sources, but it is sometimes convenient to have it there. Mainly I use it for the Movie listings and reviews. (Leonard Maltin does not give synopses of new movies.) I never tried Express, so I couldn't compare the 2.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ
    I customised the 1.23 rom to strip out all languages other than english, versamail and a few others...
    Could you please give some advice about how to edit and customize the ROM image? Programs needed?
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
  12.    #32  
    Look in the thread titled 'Custom ROM 1.23 Success' . There is a lot of detail, and links to the step-by-step guide
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    sorry guys and gals, i know it's on TC somewhere, but I can't find it... where can one download the nav-button fix for LauncherX?
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    I see a lot of posting about power-users, etc and it has taken me a lot of time and effort to finally get my Treo to where I want it to be. Currently I have 40% free!

1. Upgraded to 1.23 and made a custom ROM to include Agendus, Snappermail, Filez, Handzipper and Hi-Launcher.

2. Installed Launcher X, using the nav-button fix posted in another section of this forum.

3. Used LauncherX to move SmartList, SplashID, iSilo,SplashMoney and Healthfile (leaving a 'shortcut' in main memory) to allow them to sync to their desktop components.

4. Have the following apps installed in Main Memory:

-Vindigo
    -AvantGo (I still use this in case I don't have a chance to convert on iSilo)
    -BackUpBuddy Pro
    -Card Export (any time I use an external card reader, my data seems to get corrupt when I put the card back into my Treo)
    -Dataviz Tech (to move Doc to Go components to SD Card)
    -Fonts4OS5 (with Times Roman 22 font)
    -Directory Assistant
    -Documents to Go
    -KeyCaps 600
    -Leonard Maltin Movie Guide
    -Power-Up
    -Profiles
    -pTunes
    -SplashPhoto
    -TCPMP (the new freeware Movie Player)
    -Uninstall Manager
    -Verichat

5. I have the following apps on my 2GB SD card using PowerRun:

-3D Hockey
    -Abidia Wireless
    -Acid Solitaire
    -Acid Spider
    -Afrodita
    -Atomica
    -Ballistics
    -BDicty
    -Bebop
    -Bejeweled 2
    -BestBuy
    -Big Two
    -Billiards
    -BlackJack
    -Book Worm
    -Bowling Deluxe
    -BTOthello
    -Checkers
    -DHunter
    -Emperor's Mahjong
    -Eponyms
    -Escape
    -Euchre
    -Exact II
    -Fish Tycoon
    -Flight Status
    -Futile Feudal
    -GTS Racing
    -Hearts
    -Hold em High
    -Idea Pad
    -InHand (Handango Catolog)
    -Insaniquarium
    -JT Wheel of Fortune
    -Lemmings
    -Lemondae Tycoon
    -Little Palm Pet
    -Love Game
    -Ludo
    -Mazera
    -Memory
    -MetrO
    -Mini-Golf
    -MMPlayer (I still keep it, even though I use TCPMP)
    -Mars Needs Cows
    -Mobile DB (for the 'On-the-Fly' db lookup function)
    -Monopoly
    -Monte Carlo
    -NoviiAnimator (I tend to also use this for regular sketches/notes)
    -Pac Dude 100
    -Patience
    -Plant Tycoon
    -Poker Game
    -Police
    -Prison
    -Pyramid
    -Rats & Spears
    -RB Tapper
    -Rebus
    -Rummy
    -Scrabble
    -Screenshot
    -Sea War MP
    -Seven Seas
    -Siberian Strike
    -SimCity
    -Snowballer
    -Socoban
    -SolFree
    -Space Trader
    -Splash Blog
    -StockBroker
    -StoneAge
    -Teal Auto
    -Tennis Addict
    -Tetri Attack
    -Tetris
    -TextTwist
    -Tip Assist
    -Tip-Top
    -Tradewinds
    -Travel Deluxe
    -Triclops
    -Trivia
    -Tube
    -Visit it
    -Volley Balley
    -Warfare Incorporated
    -WHATWord
    -Woman PLus
    -Zap!2016
    -Zeenster

6. I have the following installed directly to my SD Card using the /Launcher folder:

-3V Broom
    -Alchemy
    -Nexus Dictionary
    -Navigator Deluxe
    -Snails

You 'might' be wondering why on earth I have so many games... its an illness, what can I say. I am proud to say that I have taken advantage of every single special, bonus points, freeware, etc out there!

I have tested this set-up for a while now, and I do not have any issues with random, or software-caused resets. I had to test each application for resets, which led me to remove QuickNews from the list, as well as a couple of less used others.

I see so many posts of people leaving the Treo family, and I just wanted to let everyone else know, it can work...it just takes effort, trial and error, and determination. Don't Give Up!!

Yea Treo 650!!!!!
    WOW! Impressive. Certainly amkes a good case for a 2gig expansion card!!!
    I see a lot of posting about power-users, etc and it has taken me a lot of time and effort to finally get my Treo to where I want it to be. Currently I have 40% free!

1. Upgraded to 1.23 and made a custom ROM to include Agendus, Snappermail, Filez, Handzipper and Hi-Launcher.

2. Installed Launcher X, using the nav-button fix posted in another section of this forum.

3. Used LauncherX to move SmartList, SplashID, iSilo,SplashMoney and Healthfile (leaving a 'shortcut' in main memory) to allow them to sync to their desktop components.

4. Have the following apps installed in Main Memory:

-Vindigo
    -AvantGo (I still use this in case I don't have a chance to convert on iSilo)
    -BackUpBuddy Pro
    -Card Export (any time I use an external card reader, my data seems to get corrupt when I put the card back into my Treo)
    -Dataviz Tech (to move Doc to Go components to SD Card)
    -Fonts4OS5 (with Times Roman 22 font)
    -Directory Assistant
    -Documents to Go
    -KeyCaps 600
    -Leonard Maltin Movie Guide
    -Power-Up
    -Profiles
    -pTunes
    -SplashPhoto
    -TCPMP (the new freeware Movie Player)
    -Uninstall Manager
    -Verichat

5. I have the following apps on my 2GB SD card using PowerRun:

-3D Hockey
    -Abidia Wireless
    -Acid Solitaire
    -Acid Spider
    -Afrodita
    -Atomica
    -Ballistics
    -BDicty
    -Bebop
    -Bejeweled 2
    -BestBuy
    -Big Two
    -Billiards
    -BlackJack
    -Book Worm
    -Bowling Deluxe
    -BTOthello
    -Checkers
    -DHunter
    -Emperor's Mahjong
    -Eponyms
    -Escape
    -Euchre
    -Exact II
    -Fish Tycoon
    -Flight Status
    -Futile Feudal
    -GTS Racing
    -Hearts
    -Hold em High
    -Idea Pad
    -InHand (Handango Catolog)
    -Insaniquarium
    -JT Wheel of Fortune
    -Lemmings
    -Lemondae Tycoon
    -Little Palm Pet
    -Love Game
    -Ludo
    -Mazera
    -Memory
    -MetrO
    -Mini-Golf
    -MMPlayer (I still keep it, even though I use TCPMP)
    -Mars Needs Cows
    -Mobile DB (for the 'On-the-Fly' db lookup function)
    -Monopoly
    -Monte Carlo
    -NoviiAnimator (I tend to also use this for regular sketches/notes)
    -Pac Dude 100
    -Patience
    -Plant Tycoon
    -Poker Game
    -Police
    -Prison
    -Pyramid
    -Rats & Spears
    -RB Tapper
    -Rebus
    -Rummy
    -Scrabble
    -Screenshot
    -Sea War MP
    -Seven Seas
    -Siberian Strike
    -SimCity
    -Snowballer
    -Socoban
    -SolFree
    -Space Trader
    -Splash Blog
    -StockBroker
    -StoneAge
    -Teal Auto
    -Tennis Addict
    -Tetri Attack
    -Tetris
    -TextTwist
    -Tip Assist
    -Tip-Top
    -Tradewinds
    -Travel Deluxe
    -Triclops
    -Trivia
    -Tube
    -Visit it
    -Volley Balley
    -Warfare Incorporated
    -WHATWord
    -Woman PLus
    -Zap!2016
    -Zeenster

6. I have the following installed directly to my SD Card using the /Launcher folder:

-3V Broom
    -Alchemy
    -Nexus Dictionary
    -Navigator Deluxe
    -Snails

You 'might' be wondering why on earth I have so many games... its an illness, what can I say. I am proud to say that I have taken advantage of every single special, bonus points, freeware, etc out there!

I have tested this set-up for a while now, and I do not have any issues with random, or software-caused resets. I had to test each application for resets, which led me to remove QuickNews from the list, as well as a couple of less used others.

I see so many posts of people leaving the Treo family, and I just wanted to let everyone else know, it can work...it just takes effort, trial and error, and determination. Don't Give Up!!

Yea Treo 650!!!!!
    WOW!!! Quite impressive. Certainly makes a case for a 2gig expansion card!!
    Quote Originally Posted by milpar34
    sorry guys and gals, i know it's on TC somewhere, but I can't find it... where can one download the nav-button fix for LauncherX?
    In a thread oddly enough titled "Launcher X fix"

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75661
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17.    #37  
    Has anyone else noticed the Launcher X Cached Icons? It seems to keep getting larger. I delete it occasionally with Filez but it keeps re-appearing and then growing. Sometimes it gets as large as 500kb. Anyone know why?
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    that's a great list of tested programs. put the URL's next to them.
    Lulugirl, all you need now is PXA Clocker v4.5!!! This baby rocks!

And maybe change from LauncherX to Zlauncher. hahaha :P
    -Snowballer
    Impressive list!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast