1.    #1  
    Ideally, I'd like to be able to use a bluetooth headset to talk on the phone while also getting directions from a gps unit.

It's my understanding from reading posts on this forum and other forms (like pocketgpsworld.com) that you cannot use a bluetooth gps mouse and a bluetooth headset simultaneously. The wireless mouse is nice, but the wireless headset is more valuable to me, so that means I need to get a wired gps mouse.

Everyone seems to like TomTom very much. However, I understand that TomTom's Navigator 4.4 shuts off whenever you receive a call. I have read on other forums that Navigator 5 will not do this during a call, but will instead continue to give directions without sound. That sounds like a nice improvement.

So, for my ideal set up, I'll have to get a wired gps mouse (possibly with a Seidio mount) and wait for the Navigator 5 software from TomTom. Nav 5 is supposed to be released anytime now...

Can anyone give me feedback if I have this all right?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    so is this true?/
    SFTreo650, you are exactly right and that's why I opted to go the route that I did.
    I purchased a wired mouse gps and TomTom Navigator 2004 from Semsons for $179.99, which is still on special for that. See here: TomTom USA/i.Trek bundle

I've given this fairly heavy use over the past week since I got it and it works wonderfully. TomTom works like everyone on here has said and using the wired mouse gps, I can still receive and answer phone calls on my BT headset. Once on the call, I just hit apps, and select Navigator. It picks up right where it left off without sound until I end my call. When the call is ended, it just displays a popup saying so and continues to run the map.

Also, there was a date in March or April (I believe) that if you purchased 2004 after, you will get a free upgrade to 2005 when it comes out, which is why I went ahead with it.
  4.    #4  
    CrazyC, thanks for your input. I just saw it after getting back from vacation. I think I'm going to get the same set up as you.
  5.    #5  
    Does anyone know where TT 2004 is still in stock? I have tried all the online retailers I can think of and checked shopping.com, pricegrabber, etc.

Also, if you use a generic air vent holder (like Akron or something other than a Treo-specific holder like Seidio), how does the wired gps connect to the Treo 650? I think the wired gps mouses have something like a telephone jack at the end, right?

Edit: from reading some more posts, it seems that most people think you can't use a wired gps mouse without the Seidio cradle. However, one poster said that you can find adapters that will make a standard gps jack fit the Treo. Can anyone clarify this?
    Last edited by SFTreo650; 06/13/2005 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Further reading on posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by SFTreo650
    Does anyone know where TT 2004 is still in stock? I have tried all the online retailers I can think of and checked shopping.com, pricegrabber, etc.
    If you want one of the complete kits, then www.ecost.com has them. But, you may want to consider waiting for the new TomTom Navigator 5 (due for release in about a week).