1.    #1  
    I wonder if some super genius somewhere has figured out how to connect his/her 650 to a fax enabled printer say the hp officejet 7210. I'm in the market for a new machine and I like this one. However I have disconnected the lan line (I have way more mins than I'll ever need in my cell plan) so if I can't find a way to connect the modem to the 650 and enable it to dial, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to stick to efax... which I really dislike.

So, anyone have any suggestions?
  2.    #2  
    No ideas huh? I guess I could go with the Bluetooth Dock-N-Talk and maybe it will allow the house lanline to act as a hard line so the fax can dial out. The only problem I see there is... yet again... the Bluetooth Dock-N-Talk is that it is not compatible with the Treo 650 yet.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I read this like three times and I'm still not entirely sure what you want to do here. I think you're saying that you had your regular phone service (land line) disconnected, so you can't fax with a regular fax machine anymore. I think you're also hoping to connect your regular fax machine to your Treo in order to send and receive faxes with the fax machine.

If this is the case, then unfortunatly I don't think you'll be able to get it to work. There are devices like the Dock-n-Talk that let you use your regular home phones with your cell phone. I'm not aware of any that work with the Treo, but then again, I've never looked for any either, so they may exist. Even if you find one, however, because of the way cell phones work it is nearly impossible to get a stable data or fax connection on them.

If you have a broadband internet connection at home you might be able to use a VOIP service like vonage (www.vonage.com) with your fax machine.

HTH,
    Brett
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the input Brett. You were pretty much right on the money. Sorry. I posted all frustrated and angered at my situation. Looks like it's good old efax or something close to it. I just hate using it. Not very efficient.