Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The math is simple. Price: Treokitz $50 vs Vaja list price of about $120 shipped. But the math is just one aspect of the purchase.

How much worse is Treokitz is than the Vaja?

Frankly despite the lower price, at this stage I am not entirely sure it isn't better. (Unless the custom experience of the Vaja buy and choosing ones unique color scheme is non negotiable.) But lets talk about security and protection issues. It hasn't been determined yet whether or not the Treokitz belt clip is superior to what Vaja provides. It has not been determined what the quality of materials and construction of the Treokitz is relative to the Vaja, although one would assume the Vaja quality is higher. A final initial question is whether the extras provided by Treokitz also have a financial benefit to Treokitz customers. It would seem the screen protectors at least will provide another economic advantage for Treokitz.

Shipping takes 6 to 10 days, and mine was shipped about the 12th of May. So some answers are about a week away. Anyone else want to join me while I wait?
  2.    #2  
    I like it when companies under promise 6 to 10 day deliver and then package appears in 5 days. Its a good way to break the ice. Plan on taking things slow and using the case over the next few days before writing a review.

The initial quality of the case and the fit with the Treo look just fine. What will specifically take a while will be evaluating the clip, and the protection that the unit offers. One curiousity I have is whether the Bellagio form fit case for $29.95 is made of just leather, or it too uses a sandwich of leather plastic and velvet for greater protection. If anyone knows, I would appreciate the information.
    Anybody got theirs yet (am looking at it for my 600)? Looks like a great deal on the WWW but would like some user feedback before having to explain to household management why I absolutely have to spend more money on my 'gadget' ;-)
  4.    #4  
    You must be confused, otherwise you would know that no one actually posts here. (lol) I have most definitely received my Treokitz. Management is terrific. They care about everything working and stand behind their product. I did have a minor quality problem with my case and before I formally asked for a replacement they volunteered to do it. The pluses are that the unit is good looking and protection is excellent, featuring velvet on the inside, plastic in the middle and leather on top. The openings are all accurately placed. I have been carrying my unit in my pocket this far. But I am waiting for the replacement before writing a more in depth review.

A plus to the unit is that the clip can either be left on or taken off in case you want to carry it in your pocket. A minus would be that in order to achieve the flexibility, the case ends up being further off of your hip, than it would be with a permanent clip. Hope that helps a bit, until I get more data.
    from time to time I am also befuddled ;-) Appreciate the feedback rvwink - looking forward to your more detailed review (suspect I'll just order tho and refer questions from household management direct to your attention)
  6.    #6  
    Confused,

I feel very comfortable with management. There is no question that they want their customers to be happy and will make things right if you are not satisfied.

One of the trends I see on Treo cases is talk about skinned Treos. I am quite comfortable using the Treokitz case in my pocket. Frankly I think the form fit Treo case from Treokitz is much nicer to live with day to day than a silicon rubber case. Esthetically, the leather upper is far more luxurious and protection wise, I think the sandwich of leather, semi hard plastic and velvet is much better protection in case of a fall. My only concern for you is if you are a jogger and want to run with your Treo attached to your belt. If thats not the case, you will be very likely be happy moving ahead with the Treokitz.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvwink
    My only concern for you is if you are a jogger and want to run with your Treo attached to your belt.
    I am a runner and I can't imagine running with my Treo. As great as it is, that's a lot of extra weight.

And while I'm off-topic, I read an article in the Washington Post a few weeks ago about an extreme-marathoner (100+ miles ) who runs with his Treo and conducts all sorts of business during training runs. A long run for him is routinely 30+ miles, so I guess he has no choice given the amount of time that takes.
    To be honest I thought the same thing about the weight of the Treo while running but you don't really notice it using an armband ( http://www.tunebelt.com/ab2 ). It's for an iPod but really works well for the Treo and can find them under $20.

It's nice for a few reasons:

1) obviously is for music if your into that while running. I know some people claim that it makes you less aware of noises around but if you don't have it at full blast it really can keep your tempo up. I've created playlists for my specific distance runs such as a 5K, by doing this I have a general feel of how far I'm into the course without looking at a watch.

2) Is the phone function. I've never needed to use it but Murphy's Law is you'll pull a calf muscle at the farthest point from your house. It makes the wife feel more comfortable also if you decide to lengthen your run because you're feeling better than expected halfway through. I remember one Saturday where I told her I'd do my short 3mi course and quickly changed that to my 12mi course due to such a perfect day. Obviously I arrived home much later than 20 min after.

This armband case even has a zipper pouch for you car/home key and a few bucks in case you need liquid at a store.
    I run with mine in my hand (with Sena leatherskin case). Always afraid of accidentally dropping it but so far so good.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    2) Is the phone function. I've never needed to use it but Murphy's Law is you'll pull a calf muscle at the farthest point from your house. It makes the wife feel more comfortable also if you decide to lengthen your run because you're feeling better than expected halfway through. I remember one Saturday where I told her I'd do my short 3mi course and quickly changed that to my 12mi course due to such a perfect day. Obviously I arrived home much later than 20 min after.
    Good point. I went on a 10-miler last summer afer giving blood earlier that day (yeah, I know http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209032.gif ). Well about half way through, just as I was about to pass out, my wife comes comes driving by. I'm like, http://easy.go.is/hubs/january/kap.gif, and she's like, http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoti.../happy/042.gif, and keeps on going. Now I take a smaller phone with me on long runs.
    http://img76.exs.cx/img76/2747/martillazo7bl.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Good point. I went on a 10-miler last summer afer giving blood earlier that day (yeah, I know http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209032.gif ). Well about half way through, just as I was about to pass out, my wife comes comes driving by. I'm like, http://easy.go.is/hubs/january/kap.gif, and she's like, http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoti.../happy/042.gif, and keeps on going. Now I take a smaller phone with me on long runs.
    http://img76.exs.cx/img76/2747/martillazo7bl.gif
    LMAO@MarkY's use of emoticons..Very funny.....lol
    Bek
  12.    #12  
    The Treokitz case is an interesting mixture of protection and openness. The case is extremely protective of the Treo 650 if it somehow falls. Yet the openness, allows the Treo to be used, without undressing it. I understand that many Treocentral users, try 4 or 5 cases before they find one they like. Frankly I am stuck on the Treokitz case as being a combination of accessibility, protection and price that pleases me. I haven't figured out a different direction to go in, which seems like a better path. So I recommend the Treokitz to users who want a case that can protectively cover their Treo 650 fulltime, will not inhibiting ones use of the phone.

The one attitude change I went through is that I spent a couple of days with my Treo in my pocket, protected with my Treokitz case. Subsequently decided I prefer wearing the Treo 650 on my hip. Maybe its the cowboy in me?
    rvwink ... there is a review of the Treokitz case on the gadgeteer ...

it says " I'm not sure if I got a 'bad' case, or if this is the norm, but I found that the cutout on my case was not quite aligned properly. The top edge of the cutout hangs over the display a little bit, and the bottom edge hangs below the phone too far" ...

how does your treokitz compare to this ... is yours cut and aligned correctly or does yours look similiar to the pics of the shown on the gadgeteer review ...

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/itzkitz...tz-review.html

your response and opinion is appreciated...
  14.    #14  
    I did not have a fit problem with the Treokitz case. There was a quality control issue, but I am waiting for a replacement before I judge Treokitz's quality. Presently, I commend Treokitz for their proactive desire to make sure everything is good. I continue to believe that they will make everything right.
    Anyone received the replacement? If so, can anyone comment on the fit, especially the bottom of the case?
    Mine was also a bad fit, and slightly splitting down the side, however their customer service has been second to none. They have refunded the total purchase as they have such a backlog of orders, and given me the choice to order again should i so wish. They let me keep all the other items, unfortunately I have already lost the great headphone adaptor :-(

I would buy from them again, i just think that they are having some teething quality issues.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I just went to their site to try to get one cause from all the reviews the kit looks great, but it seems they are out of stock. Anyone know when they're going to start selling again?
    I ordered and received both Treokitz and ExtremePDA's hard shell leather cases for Treo 650. Except the case, everything else in the Treokitz package is great. The problems for the Treokitz case are known to this post. But I agree with pbutterworth, Treokitz's customer service is "second to none."

ExtremePDA case quality is close to Vaja case (I owned one for Treo 600). It fits perfectly except that the keyboard cut out cloud be a little wider. The leather quality is not as high as Vaja's leather. The case looks exactly like the pics posted on extremepda.com.
    My new Vaja case has shipped, yippee!
    How much does the hard shell case add to the thickness of the 650? I'm currently using a silicone skin and I'm wondering if the leather hard shell cases are thicker in comparison to the skin.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast