Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey Guys and Gals,
    I've been doing some coding for fun. So here's a link to a new utility that
    controls the keyboard illumination automatically based on the time of the day.
    Set the time and you will most likely never have to manually control
    the keyboard lights again.
    Time based light control can be enabled/disabled.
    You can enable/disable the lights if you want to manually at any time; the utility will return the lights to the proper state again next time you turn it on.

http://bhutech.homeip.net/~sidster/T..._twilight.html

Feedback appreciated.

Only known issue is:
    1) You need to reenable the time based light control after resets.

Enjoy,
    Sid Vajirkar
    Unlocked 650
    Could it be run in conjunction with KBLightsOff for manual on/of as desired with that program?
    Cool!

Any estimate on battery drain savings?
  4.    #5  
    treo2die4, I believe it should work in conjunction with KBLightsOff and Keyshades. I haven't tried it. Theoretically one should be able to use Twilight to control lights based on time and use Keyshades to momentarily switch lights for a session. Twilight will return the lights back to the proper state based on time on the next session.

Perry, Sorry I haven't done any experiments on battery savings.

- Sid
    Unlocked 650
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar
    treo2die4, I believe it should work in conjunction with KBLightsOff and Keyshades. I haven't tried it. Theoretically one should be able to use Twilight to control lights based on time and use Keyshades to momentarily switch lights for a session. Twilight will return the lights back to the proper state based on time on the next session.

Perry, Sorry I haven't done any experiments on battery savings.

- Sid
    Fantastic - I'll give it a whirl. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar
    Actually, not anymore. To work around the TCPMP bugs, the version of keyshades I posted a few days ago is pretty tenacious about keeping the lights in the state that it thinks they should be in.

The old version should be able to turn the lights off when they're otherwise on, but not turn them on when they're otherwise off.
  7.    #8  
    yuck.. TCPMP is that media player right? Why in the world is it trying to change the keyboard light state!?

- Sid
    Unlocked 650
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Actually, not anymore. To work around the TCPMP bugs, the version of keyshades I posted a few days ago is pretty tenacious about keeping the lights in the state that it thinks they should be in.

The old version should be able to turn the lights off when they're otherwise on, but not turn them on when they're otherwise off.
    I like the latest version of keyshades, it keeps the lights off, which is the I want it 95% of the time, even at night. But there are a few occasions I would like to turn the keyboard lights on. Is there a way to do this with keyshades? And then turn them back off?

Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I like the latest version of keyshades, it keeps the lights off, which is the I want it 95% of the time, even at night. But there are a few occasions I would like to turn the keyboard lights on. Is there a way to do this with keyshades? And then turn them back off?

Thx.
    You bet! Just press the side button for a few seconds. That will toggle the KB lights.

In my opinion, keyshades is the best example of Treo ptogramming.

It is small, simple to use, very functional, serves a need, and is free!!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    it would be great if the sidekey would auto turn the kybd off/on, not just go to the program to let you do that ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop
    it would be great if the sidekey would auto turn the kybd off/on, not just go to the program to let you do that ...
    Which program are you talking about? There is no way to "go to the program" in keyshades. There is no user interface, other than pressing the side key..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Crashes my Treo600 upon launching the app. Thought there was an error in the hotsync whereas the error code didn't recognize an application:

"A reset was caused while running '<unkown application>': HsExt68KShims.c, Line:4451, Undefined Handspring trap"
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I have been experiencing some issues with Twilight recently. I notice that sporatically, my keyboard will just be lit up for no reason at all. I had my phone sitting on the table last night for about 4 hours. It was 2 hours past my "Enable" lights time and the keyboard was glowing.

Has anyone else had this happen to them. It's happened twice (that I noticed) since I installed Twilight a week ago.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    I have been experiencing some issues with Twilight recently. I notice that sporatically, my keyboard will just be lit up for no reason at all. I had my phone sitting on the table last night for about 4 hours. It was 2 hours past my "Enable" lights time and the keyboard was glowing.

Has anyone else had this happen to them. It's happened twice (that I noticed) since I installed Twilight a week ago.
    Mine (650) does this and I don't have twilight.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Crashes my Treo600 upon launching the app. Thought there was an error in the hotsync whereas the error code didn't recognize an application:

"A reset was caused while running '<unkown application>': HsExt68KShims.c, Line:4451, Undefined Handspring trap"
    Could you be specific; which app crashed your 600? I'm asking because this thread started because of Twilight, and then 2 other apps (KBLightsOff and Keyshades) were mentioned.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    After reading (almost 2 hours ago) about Twilight, I decided to give it a try. According to vajirkar's post,
    Only known issue is:
    1) You need to reenable the time based light control after resets.
    So I decide to reset and see what happens.

This is what happened and has been stuck like this no matter what I do.

Help
    Last edited by scandalex; 08/15/2008 at 10:13 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Could you be specific; which app crashed your 600? I'm asking because this thread started because of Twilight, and then 2 other apps (KBLightsOff and Keyshades) were mentioned.
    My post is on topic. If otherwise, I would've stated so. Thanks for your input. Good luck with your frozen Treo.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    My post is on topic. If otherwise, I would've stated so. Thanks for your input. Good luck with your frozen Treo.

Maybe if I were in your head, then I MIGHT have thought it was on topic; but since other apps were mentioned, thats why I asked you to be specific.
    Sorry that asking you something so simple went over your head.

My treo is no longer frozen.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex

Maybe if I were in your head, then I MIGHT have thought it was on topic; but since other apps were mentioned, thats why I asked you to be specific.
    Sorry that asking you something so simple went over your head.

My treo is no longer frozen.
    What did you have to do?

And do you think it was because of Twilight? (would ##377 tell you?)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast