Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    im tired of the default app launcher that the treo 650... i'm wondering what worked best for you guys? and which in your experience is the most stable app lanucher for the treo 650?

thanks
    I like LauncgerX (version 1.12) Simple and clean.
    I used ZLauncher on my Clie but, for me, I find HiLauncher better suited to the 650. What are you looking for in a launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    I like LauncgerX (version 1.12) Simple and clean.
    Agreed and seconded...LauncherX is soooo just right.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I used ZLauncher on my Clie but, for me, I find HiLauncher better suited to the 650. What are you looking for in a launcher?
    just looking for a better way to organize my apps, and also include apps in my sd card, nothing really fancy, also needs to be stable with treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavidd
    just looking for a better way to organize my apps, and also include apps in my sd card, nothing really fancy, also needs to be stable with treo 650
    Sounds like LauncherX to me...stable, simple, fast and not too fancy. Just right.
    I never thought I'd like this application because it wasn't too flashy or visually redeeming but Initiate has me hooked and it is now my default launcher replacing LauncherX. At the end of the day, I am looking to minimize clicks or typing to launch applications and even weblink shortcuts from my launcher. Initiate does this and more. Initiate allows the user to make calls, launch weblinks, play a song via pTunes, manage files, and of course launch apps. I have set it up to only show me apps and weblinks whereas I use other apps to handle the contact facilitation (customize your way). I already had all of my hardkeys and popular letter keys designated for shortcuts and didn't have an easy way to access weblink shortcuts. This app considers a web shortcut as just like an app and lets you launch it so easily. It shows me apps in RAM and SD card in alpha numeric order, allows me to do a simple search to navigate and automatically launch the app or web link. Trial it and if you can get over the less then graphical greatness (small icons for your apps) then you may like/prefer it. Many skins and backgrounds available to dress it up.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    My favorite is Winlauncher and a Windows wallpaper. I've fooled a couple of guys at work and they think my phone is runing "Windows XP"
    I tried Zlauncher, but in reality i do almost all my navigating and opening files via the KLaunch feature in Butler. So while Zlauncher looks nice and lets you do and customize a lot of stuff, i never used it. I almost never look at the default launcher either because i keep it on the phone screen and just hold down the first letter of the program i want to open and viola, it opens. doesnt get any simpler than that.

About the only reason i found to keep Zlauncher around was because it had the soft reset button. Anyone know of another app that can soft reset like that?
    ZLauncer all the way for me...it took about a week of testing to get the right set up for me, but now I'd never go back to that default P1 launcher.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    I like Megalauncher Its a launcher, file manager and back up utility all in one and I guess you could say uninstaller also because it allows you to delete an applications data and saved preferences with the app. Its only 15 bucks and it allows different skins, you can use any pic as backbround, also customize sounds. I use the windows xp sounds.
    EDIT: you can also create your own icons.
    default launcher + NO catagory + keyboard
    Y'all really need to take a look at Initiate from Hobbyistsoftware. It is brilliant in its simplicity, and the newest beta - wow! It reads apps from the sd card (moves, copies, deletes, etc. to/from the card), beams from ram and the card, shows favorites, speed launches, viewable as both icons or text...let's see. Oh, and you can launch a phone call or start an mp3 from it too.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    moves, copies, deletes, etc. to/from the card
    I tried it, but it didn't seem as flexible as the copy mode in either LaucherX or MegaLauncher.

Now, here's my thoughts on the matter. MegaLauncher is cool, but it's MEGA BIG - takes something like 1.2 MB of the precious Treo memory <g>. I've used LaucherX for a long time, but it's not working properly for me. If I want to go to Preferences, for example, I click P and then use the navigator to get to preferences, but the center click won't open the app.

So anyway, I'm looking for something small and useful. I'm not sure Initiate works for me.

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz
    I've used LaucherX for a long time, but it's not working properly for me.
    Just found the thread with the fix for this! So nevermind

D
    Zlauncher... It can be customized to be exactly what I want...simple or complex.. the options are endless and it keeps getting better

See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&page=7&pp=20
    I use Facer 2, but I'm dealing with a bunch of problems right now which prevents me from recommending this program. I initially bought it because of the UI. I have several bugs right now that I cannot figure out - Launcher page showing the wrong information for my mailboxes, weather plug-in crashes if I attempt to check the forecast for a different city under my favorites, constant crashes when I attempt to change my schedule display preferences, launcher does not handle apps on SD cards as well as it advertises, etc.. etc.

Anyhow, I'm hoping for an update eventually, so I guess I'm stuck using this one since I did make the purchase.
    I prefer ZLauncher. I have never had a problem with it and it is very configurable.

Attached is how mine looks now. I am a huge LA Kings fan, hence my wallpaper and color theme
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Cal
    I tried a bunch of them and returned to the default Palm OS Launcher. LauncherX came closesr to being "a keeper", but every one of them took away more screen real estate than I was willing to surrender.
    I second Initiate. The beta looks extremely promising as it looks to become the full time launcher. Keep an eye out for it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast