1.    #1  
    Sad but true! He is just 3 so he does not really get how expensive this bad behavior was. The toilet did not have waste in it, and was only submerged for about 10 seconds (enough time for me to hear it go in, guess what it was, and race into the bathroom). Not surprisingly, it is dead. I went out an bought a 650 as a replacement because now it seems that I can not live without one.

Any ideas on what to do with my old one? It will not power up but still looks real nice.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    I'm sure people would be interested in parts from it.
    Contact PalmOne, and see if they will repair/replace it for a charge. Then sell the your replaced unit on ebay.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Let your son keep it as a toy. Make sure you let his first girl friend know all about the Treo!! >:-)
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    There are tons of posts by people wanting to buy the 650 housing.
  6. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Take it apart and dry it out. All might not be lost. Worth a try.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I buy it if it looks dry
    You're not the first T/C poster to drop the Treo in the Crapper.
    We all had a lot of fund with the link below:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2394&highlight
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    put son in toilet.

I'm surprised no one has suggested this yet.
    3 words.......GROUNDED FOR LIFE.
    or just 1 word......Adoption.

u can tell im never having kids
    Last edited by CPcrazyfly; 05/14/2005 at 07:57 PM.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    When my sons were little, the put a tennis ball down the toilet. Happened on a Friday night. Miserable weekend trying to fix it before calling a plumber on Monday morning.

At least yours didn't flush. Mine did.

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I dropped my Treo 600 in the lake, ended up getting it out, took it apart, dried it out thouroughly and it worked fine.
    Electronics are funny things. If you pull the battery ASAP, and let it sit for a week or so in a good position for draining you may discover that it recovers from this event.

If you have paid for (valid) insurance through your cell provider, you can just pay the $50 or so and have it replaced.

Explain to your son that they mitigated the NVFS issues on the 650, and although there are still a few other problems with the device they are not sufficient to throwing the thing in the toilet anymore.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Is your son's name Tundy? Evidently he thinks your Treo is a piece of Poo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."