1.    #1  
    I got the BT DUN working on my Powerbook but the phone seems to crash anywhere between 5 to 20min of use. I don't mind paying for PDANET if it actually works better than the BT DUN Hack. Any experiences with it?
    I had a similar experience to yours when I installed the DUN hack by sending myself an e-mail with an attachment (didn't have an SD card). I purchased PDANet and it works great using Bluetooth. I am having a problem using the USB cable but I think it is something in my setup since all the reports I've seen is that it works well with USB. I have an ATTWS/Cingular GSM Treo that I unlocked.

Since then I've found out that I couldn't successfully install a hacked phone.prc by sending it to myslef in an e-mail (this is not the BT DUN hack). It sort of worked, but was unstable. I tried with an SD card and everything worked fine. Thus it is possible that my problem with the DUN hack was caused by the e-mail transfer. I haven't gone back to try using the DUN hack with an SD Card since I'm happy with PDANet and have not had the motivation to investigate the hack.
  3.    #3  
    Actually I meant the ROM
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I have no problems with PDAnet using DUN or USB.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by emuyshondt
    Since then I've found out that I couldn't successfully install a hacked phone.prc by sending it to myslef in an e-mail (this is not the BT DUN hack). It sort of worked, but was unstable. I tried with an SD card and everything worked fine. Thus it is possible that my problem with the DUN hack was caused by the e-mail transfer.
    Yes, there is sometimes a problem with an email transfer of a .prc file. The first time I sent the BT hack to my phone, it failed as others have described it here. The second time I sent it, it worked correctly. For some reason, the file that wouldn't work correctly came through larger than it was supposed to.
    I haven't read much on DUN hack or PDANET in this forum, but I know they provide a very useful feature.

Won't Palmone eventually release a firmware update with DUN enable (since it has always been in OS before Treo650 release and pressure from Treo650 users-MAXMIUM PC magazine took a point away in their review of the Treo650 because of the disable DUN)?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I, finally, have the BT DUN working reliably. I also have PDANET. I like both, my only reason for prefering BT DUN is that an incoming call during PDANET blows the ip connection and I have to restart the computer to get things back. BT DUN handles the call without interuption to the computer.
  8.    #8  
    Sigh, PDANET doesn't work on macs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman
    I, finally, have the BT DUN working reliably. I also have PDANET. I like both, my only reason for prefering BT DUN is that an incoming call during PDANET blows the ip connection and I have to restart the computer to get things back. BT DUN handles the call without interuption to the computer.
    Would you mind letting me know how you got the DUN to work properly?
    I bought the LANSO USB Dongle and have yet to get onto the net with my PC...

Thanks for your help!!

- Jim R.
    I have an unlocked Treo with BT DUN officially enabled. I've set it up and used it, and yeah it's great. But personally I prefer to use PDANet because it's just that much simpler install and use than it is to configure BT DUN and use. So I use PDANet and not BT DUN.

I've used it for over a year with Treo 600 and 650 on several computers and never had an issue with the exception of a bug when a previous version came out and was promptly fixed 2 days later with an update.

I like that I can use it with the USB cable as well as Blueooth.
    I'm on the list of people that would recommend PDA Net over even bothering with a BT Dun hack.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    how did u get it officially enabled?
    The full price SIM-unlocked Treo wich is PalmOne branded (as opposed to the Cingular or AT&T version) has the bluetooth DUN feature enabled. PalmOne disabled Bluetooth DUN for Cingular when it customized the firmware for Cingular and AT&T. That's why folks had to create a hack to re-enable this feature which was intentionally crippled.
    Therefore my PalmOne unlocked model has always had the bleutooth DUN feature as it was inteneded (not removed.)

The PalmOne SIM-unlocked was of course more expensive as it was not subsidized by any wireless carrier.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolenTreo
    Would you mind letting me know how you got the DUN to work properly?
    I bought the LANSO USB Dongle and have yet to get onto the net with my PC...

Thanks for your help!!

- Jim R.
    Kinda hard to help without knowing what you have done and what BT stuff works. Can you sync and/or go out to the net via the computer on BT? Here is link to Shadowmite's instructions.. Let me know where are in getting BT to work at all. http://www.shadowmite.com/HowToDUN.html
    Quote Originally Posted by flypenfly
    Sigh, PDANET doesn't work on macs.
    Hey flypen..try this out.http://www.notifymail.com/palm/ I think it was macjunkie that turned me on to this.
    Works great with osx but haven't tried it with 10.4 (Tiger) since my trial expired. But I will be buying it real soon..Hope that helps.
    Last edited by treo600kings; 05/14/2005 at 11:06 AM. Reason: posted wrong link