Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Mine is 10026. Does anyone have anything higher?
    Quote Originally Posted by arh1000
    Mine is 10026. Does anyone have anything higher?
    PRL 10027 should be available. Call *2 and see if you can get flagged for an update.

Ken
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I am showing 10026 as well.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    whats a PRL number?
    Okay, what is the PRL number and why does it matter?

(what menu sequence tells you what your PRL is. . . . .)

Thanks, Perry
    Prefered Roaming List. The PRL (or Preferred Roaming List) is a file in your phone containing all of Sprint's roaming agreements with other compatible carriers.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Prefered Roaming List. The PRL (or Preferred Roaming List) is a file in your phone containing all of Sprint's roaming agreements with other compatible carriers.

Somehow I knew it would be you or James.

Thanks.
    I check here on occassion SprintPCSInfo. They do a great job of keeping up on the PRL updates (among tons of other things). They currently have the VZW PRL updates right on the front page.
    How do you check what your PRL is?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Phone screen
    Menu>Options>Phone Info

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So what will the 10027 do for you?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    I don't exactly remember, but I seem to recall it having mainly to do with EV-DO. I doubt it'll do much of anything for the Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    For the most part, PRL version 10027 was created to better the signal in the Minnesota markets. Also it will fix some handset issues like, phones where contact lists are lost and also should fix issues with some phones not being able to make and receive phone calls, all which were evident with 10026.

So, for us treo users I don't think there is a great benefit.
    Last edited by Jbroad572; 05/13/2005 at 10:55 AM.
    Well then...10026 it is.
    www.planetmills.com
    Speaking of EV-DO, my Sprint Store said that EV-DO is coming in about 2-3 months. Can that mean that the next Sprint Treo (700?) will have EV-DO, as well?
    Update phone with the latest PRL (Preferred Roaming List) for Sprint

Call up sprint by using the *2. Hit one (1) for English and when Claire (computer) speaks say "technical issues" when you get to the next verbal command say "placing calls".

(sometimes *2 will automatically detect your phone for the update and you wonít have to speak to anyone)

When the customer service rep comes online let them know you would like your phone flagged for the latest PRL update. He or she will do this and have you hang up when itís complete.

After you hang up, call back the *2 and hit one (1) for English. This time Claire (computer) will say your phone has been set to accept an update. This should take 1 or so minutes. Once complete, hang up. (I think your phone then does a soft reset-if not you might want to do so.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Yep, confirmed 10027 is out. I just updated my 650 with it.
    I just did the *2 and got the update without asking for it. They must of flagged my phone automactically.

When it says that it is done updating your Treo650, hang up and then do a soft reboot.

When the Treo650 comes back on, turn the wireless service back on and go to the dial pad again.

punch in: *18 and hit dial

This will manually force the Treo650 to connect to the strongest updated Tower in your updated list.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye
    I just did the *2 and got the update without asking for it. They must of flagged my phone automactically.

When it says that it is done updating your Treo650, hang up and then do a soft reboot.

When the Treo650 comes back on, turn the wireless service back on and go to the dial pad again.

punch in: *18 and hit dial

This will manually force the Treo650 to connect to the strongest updated Tower in your updated list.
    Uh, no. *18 controls a call forwarding function. It can help some things, but not tower selection. A soft reset will allow the device to find the best signal in the area. The PRL is generally for roaming, though it is best to have it at its latest version. A reset is not necessary on a phone that does not do it on its own. If your device reads 10027, that PRL is what is operating.

If you are having trouble getting updated, you have to options: call data suppport or go to a Sprint Store.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net