1.    #1  
    Having only had my 650 for a few months, I can't imagine how I could function without it. I've never made use of a PDA before this, because I did not want to carry a phone & a PDA. The 650, even though not perfect, solves this problem. That being said, my son, who is a freshman in college, wants a PDA, but wants to keep his cell phone. Can any of the Palm experts on this board recommend a suitable Palm device? I've looked at Palm's site, and am now more confused than before I looked at all of the different models that they offer.

He primarily wants to use it for contacts, and scheduling, but would also like the ability to view/edit Word & Excel files. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Is he sure that he doesn't want a 650? I'm 25 and everyone I show the 650 to envies me. I have a nintendo emulator and video player for 650 now. And I bring it with me everywhere. The 650 is really a good starter conversation with girls to. I have had quite a few girls curious with what I was doing.
    Why does he want to carry both? That's absurd! If he want's to keep his phone then he can't have a pda. show him who's the boss...
    Quote Originally Posted by reverland
    Is he sure that he doesn't want a 650? I'm 25 and everyone I show the 650 to envies me. I have a nintendo emulator and video player for 650 now. And I bring it with me everywhere. The 650 is really a good starter conversation with girls to. I have had quite a few girls curious with what I was doing.
    That is true. Even though it's a geek device chicks dig it.
    Anyway - if he does'nt want a 650 I will suggest 3 choices.

Pure price for Contacts and Scheduling only -- the Zire 21 (he will out grow this fast.) $99

Documents, Color & Room to grow -- Tunsten E2 $249

Documents, Color, Pictures and Video -- Zire 72 $299
    (My 13 & 15 year old daughters have the Zire 71)

My choice for PDA starter == Zire 72, he will grow into it and eventually appreciate it's other abilities.

P.S.
    Still -- go with the Treo 650 -- he will learn to like it. Does anyone know if any carrier allows just a data plan (no phone service) on a 650? Tell him to forget the phone part(if he wants to keep his current cell phone) -- he will use it for e-mail, web browsing, IM and chat!!
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/13/2005 at 11:59 AM.
    zire 72 has my vote
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p