1.    #1  
    I was really excited to begin using the Sprint PCS Business Connection Personal Edition to begin pushing email messages to my phone and gain some of the functionality I used to have with a corporate blackberry. Unfortunately, it seems that you can only have a maximum of 75 messages available on the Treo 650 at once, regardless of how many are actually in your inbox. This is absolutely ridiculous, as I tend to get more than 75 email messages in a day, and not being able to view them makes this service/feature relatively useless. Anyone know a way to bypass this 75 max limit, or a better service/program that allows for pushing email from a desktop redirector to the Treo 650 without such a limit? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

- marc
    If true, that is pitiful for a "business" product. I can understand it not automatically downloading the entire contents of the inbox to the Treo, which could be multiple hundreds of messages -- but when you are connected to the server you should be able to scroll all your message headers and download any messages you want to see. If you can't do something along those lines, I agree it's close to useless for a heavy email user.

Can any current BC user confirm the 75 message limit?
    Last edited by John P. Smith; 05/14/2005 at 07:49 AM.
    yep, limited to 75. it does replace the oldest email with the most recent 75. so, if you have 76, the oldest email in your inbox doesn't reappear. it will come back if you delete a message though.
    Sprint's Business Connect is based on Seven's technology. Last year they rolled out a beta (and soon retracted it) that allowed up to 500 messages to be viewed. I have no idea why it's taking them so long to bring this back. Seven doesn't seem to be getting much development traction, as they had also given us native attachments and yanked that back, too. Oh well, a year later we are further behind. I sure hope Sprint chooses a new partner soon. This is getting old.
    I understand Cingular's Xpress Mail is essentially the same product as BizCon -- so I guess it has the same 75 message limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    Sprint's Business Connect is based on Seven's technology. Last year they rolled out a beta (and soon retracted it) that allowed up to 500 messages to be viewed. I have no idea why it's taking them so long to bring this back. Seven doesn't seem to be getting much development traction, as they had also given us native attachments and yanked that back, too. Oh well, a year later we are further behind. I sure hope Sprint chooses a new partner soon. This is getting old.
    CRN print issue few weeks ago quoted Sprint that they are in talks with PalmOne to re-sell even more treo's. Sprint wants to be their largest re-seller in USA. Treo will (IMO) comply with lower prices for Sprint. May 9th issue breaks dow some numbers: PalmOne first quarter shipments fell by 26.3 percent to 614,750 units from 834,591 units a year ago. RIM dominated - increase frst quarter units by 75.6 percent to 711,000 units from 405,000 same period last year. Close behind PalmOne is HP! 4.4 percent increase of 601,352 units from 575,853 a year ago. www.crn.com

But I still like my 650!

- Blades
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades
    CRN print issue few weeks ago quoted Sprint that they are in talks with PalmOne to re-sell even more treo's. Sprint wants to be their largest re-seller in USA. Treo will (IMO) comply with lower prices for Sprint. May 9th issue breaks dow some numbers: PalmOne first quarter shipments fell by 26.3 percent to 614,750 units from 834,591 units a year ago. RIM dominated - increase frst quarter units by 75.6 percent to 711,000 units from 405,000 same period last year. Close behind PalmOne is HP! 4.4 percent increase of 601,352 units from 575,853 a year ago. www.crn.com
    Those sales numbers are for PDAs, not smart phones.
    My BizConn was updated yesturday OTA when I synced to my email. The 75 limit appears to have survived.
  9.    #9  
    Both my BizConn and my Desktop Redirector software were updated yesterday. Anyone know what the updates did? And anyone know if there are any plans in the work to up that 75 msg limit or remove it altogether?

Btw, (and I'm only guessing here), if you go to your BizConn Inbox via Blazer (i.e. the website), I think you should be able to see your entire inbox and not just the most recent 75 messages...anyone know if this is the case? It works when using IE on a regular computer...so I'm guessing it would work on Blazer too...