1.    #1  
    Hey folks I am getting my TREO 650 this saturday.

Do you folks have suggestions for brands of Blue Tooth Headsets?
    I would like to be able to use the headset to answer and any other features so I won't have to use the phone directly.

Thank you
    Ramon
    Quote Originally Posted by wildferret
    Hey folks I am getting my TREO 650 this saturday.

Do you folks have suggestions for brands of Blue Tooth Headsets?
    I would like to be able to use the headset to answer and any other features so I won't have to use the phone directly.

Thank you
    Ramon
    Do a search of the forum for "bluetooth headset". This has been discussed many times before.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    My personal experience, don't get the Cardo Scala-500, I can't figure out for the life of me how it got 5 out of 5 by the reviewer here on Treocentral. I've had Cardo replace the unit 2x already in less than 45 days.

Here are my problems :
    Poor sound quality - sound has too much bass, can't understand what people are saying.
    Poor range - bluetooth is rated 10 meters ~30 feet under best circumstances. I expect any bt headset to at least work with in 2 meters - 6 feet. No so with the Cardo, I'm lucky if it works well at 3 feet. I usually have to keep the treo 650 next to me on the side of my body where the headset is.

Now before all you nay sayers suggest I have the treo tested for a manufacturer problem. My collegue got the Jabra BT250... I was so jealous.
    The jabra on my treo worked at a range of 15 feet easily. That was around the corner from an office room.

The plus side, the Cardo is a small unit, pairs up easily and charges well. But it's basic functionality as a headset, I've almost tossed it out the car a few times but I don't like to litter
    bluespoon AX, works great, fits great in the ear - you'll forget you carry a headset on the head ...

http://www.blue-spoon.com/index.asp?sideid=104&top=bs
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcpu1
    My personal experience, don't get the Cardo Scala-500, I can't figure out for the life of me how it got 5 out of 5 by the reviewer here on Treocentral. I've had Cardo replace the unit 2x already in less than 45 days.

Here are my problems :
    Poor sound quality - sound has too much bass, can't understand what people are saying.
    Poor range - bluetooth is rated 10 meters ~30 feet under best circumstances. I expect any bt headset to at least work with in 2 meters - 6 feet. No so with the Cardo, I'm lucky if it works well at 3 feet. I usually have to keep the treo 650 next to me on the side of my body where the headset is.

Now before all you nay sayers suggest I have the treo tested for a manufacturer problem. My collegue got the Jabra BT250... I was so jealous.
    The jabra on my treo worked at a range of 15 feet easily. That was around the corner from an office room.

The plus side, the Cardo is a small unit, pairs up easily and charges well. But it's basic functionality as a headset, I've almost tossed it out the car a few times but I don't like to litter

Folks,

My experience is limited to a Motorola 820 and the Cardo. Both headsets work much better with my wife's Moto phone -- so I think the 650 BT is the main culprit here.

The Motorola has OK sound, but it is always choppy. It uses one button as the on / off everything button, so it is sometime ackward to use.

The Cardo has louder sound and the BT integration with the Treo 650 is better -- so is the battery and price. You can get this thing for $39 from eCost!!

But I will agree with what others have said -- the RF performance degrades as soon as you put the 650 on the other side of your body. I don't get why this is. It's much better than the Moto when it is right next to the 650 -- the audio is perfect.

Since I use it in my car close to my right ear it works well. At $39 including shipping, you can't go wrong. It is LOUD and works well in loud environments.

YMMV -- Glenn
    I bought a small headset called Hello II. tiny device, worked great for a couple of days. now I can't hear anything even though I can answer/hang up calls. anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw
    Do a search of the forum for "bluetooth headset". This has been discussed many times before.
    True, but on this subject, opinions and experiences were all over the place. I searched. I just bought what I wanted in the end because it got too confusing deciding who to believe the most. They were probably all telling the truth based on their experiences. I'm going to just do my own trial and error with BT headsets. I suspect by reading the forum that the 650 has some BT issues except with the one branded for it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I recently got the Logitech Mobile Fredom Pro
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9473
    I'm very pleased with it. That is if you like that style of headset. It's very unlike most of the smaller headsets. There is a review of it on TreoCentral as well.
    You can't go wrong with the Sony HBH-660, I've never heard a bad thing about it unlike all others I've heard at least some complaints.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I recently got the Logitech Mobile Fredom Pro
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9473
    I'm very pleased with it. That is if you like that style of headset. It's very unlike most of the smaller headsets. There is a review of it on TreoCentral as well.
    You can't go wrong with the Sony HBH-660, I've never heard a bad thing about it unlike all others I've heard at least some complaints.
    I second that. Both headsets mentioned are great. If you can afford, SonyEricsson HBH660 is must for Treo650. Treo wireless Headset (from PalmOne) is as good as HBH 660 but has no caller id. So if price and battery life is conern, go with Treo Wireless Headset (also called TWH here on Treocentral forums), very light and compatible headset. But if Caller id is important go with HBH 660. If noice cancellation is important and you dont care about size of headset to get better conversation, go with Logitech Mobile Freedom Pro :-7.
    Hope this helps.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    I was going to get the 660 but while a headset is on your head, can you really use Caller ID? Wouldn't you have to pull off the headset to look?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!