Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint Treo 650 Resetting by itself. Is this normal every once in awhile.
    My Sprint Treo 650 resets itself about 1-2 times a week. ????

Mike
    Can you tell us what all you have installed, and more importantly, what firmware, mail client, etc. Basically, you've asked an open-ended question and we need more details.
    I use Handmark Express on my Sprint Treo 650. Handmark Express stores data on the SD card. I have noted that it sometimes takes awhile to "disconnect" from the SD card when I want to move to another application. It seems that my Treo will do a soft reset, on occassion, in this situation -- if it is the phone or contacts applications I am trying to get to -- just after using Handmark Express.

Got Handmark Express?
    By dialing #*377 you can see which application caused the reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeDa

Cool!

I learn something new here everyday!!

Thanks, Perry
    I too have been getting random resets, mostly in Versamail. I am on SPCS 1.08, and I have around 8Mb memory free. No funky apps installed. I had Vindigo but deleted it to see if it would help, it did not.

Worse than the resets, I am now experiencing hangs. Unlock the phone, select home.
    Hit V for versamail, then the phone goes into zombie mode for the next 2-3 minutes.
    It's been doing this all morning, on every app. I have soft reset plenty of times.

I am starting to hate this damn device. How anything this bleeding edge ever got released is beyond me.
    Oh, after a search, it appears the technical name for this problem is "white screen freezes." I prefer to call it "this $%#&$*& thing is killing me".
    Late for a meeting, can't send email, can't make a phone call. Ain't modern technology great?

OK, cynicism aside, what's the solution? Hard reset? Waste 2 hours at the Sprint store with the "techs"?
    I did a hard reset and it seemed to work fine. I then hotsynced under my normal profile, and after the reset, all my data is back, and so is the hang. Not as bad as before, but it's there. It's especially bad going into Versamail. It takes about 10 seconds to load, and then once loaded, takes 3 seconds after I hit the check mail button to try retrieving messages.

Installedapps:
    vindigo
    BT Dun installed but not on
    Keyshades (which doesn't seem to work consistently)

I have a couple of other apps on the SD card.

I do see two apps I don't recognize:
    HandspringNetMa
    HandspringNetPre

Are these from the T650 or legacy from my old Handspring?

It does not appear to be a memory issue:
    Memory: 8.9M free of 23.7M
    storage heap: 9144KB free
    nvfs cache: 2158KB free, largest free chunk 1013KB
    dynamic heap: 4900KB free, largest free chunk 4717KB
    Quote Originally Posted by danix
    Oh, after a search, it appears the technical name for this problem is "white screen freezes." I prefer to call it "this $%#&$*& thing is killing me".
    Late for a meeting, can't send email, can't make a phone call. Ain't modern technology great?

OK, cynicism aside, what's the solution? Hard reset? Waste 2 hours at the Sprint store with the "techs"?
    Eliminating VersaMail from the equation may help - I use SnapperMail as well as many other apps and get -0- resets.
    I thought of that, but should I have to pay extra for functionality that is supposed to already exist in my 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeDa
    What do you mean dial #*377 when I do that it tells me it is an invalid number.
    It is ##377 (not #*377)
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danix
    I thought of that, but should I have to pay extra for functionality that is supposed to already exist in my 650?
    Mind him not. My versamail works fine. You can try doing a hard reset and renaming you "backup" folder to "new backup" on your PC. Then reinstall each app one by one to find the culprit.
    As of the last crash, I did ##377 and got:
    MemoryMgr.c, Line:4738, chunk underlocked.

I blew away my versamail profiles and did a hard reset. It seems cured for now.
    But... I can't do email. I will reconfigure it and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Sounds to me like a corrupt versamail database. There is an article on the palm website on how to correct this.

I had the problem and just did a hard reset and reconfigured all my email accounts (about three months ago).
    Yeah, Versamail hoses all the phones I've dealt with pretty regularly (About 13 Treo 650's so far). I'm using Snappermail and had a bunch of the other folks use it too, now the device is much more stable. YMMV
    I dont think it is a versamail problem. It happens to me with all different applications.
    Constantly getting resets with error messages that say:
    MemoryMgr.c,Line:2659 Chunk overlocked.
    #*377 worked fine on my treo 650 rogers phone
    ighitis: Check this out, looks like a very fresh discovery for the Treo 650 and if you could test it, you could yeild more information about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Yeah, Versamail hoses all the phones I've dealt with pretty regularly (About 13 Treo 650's so far). I'm using Snappermail and had a bunch of the other folks use it too, now the device is much more stable. YMMV
    FYI I've been using Versamail on GSM unlocked since I got it 3 months ago, no problems.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast