1.    #1  
    Situation: Bought new treo 650 from eBay, and ever since I turned it on I've had a problem: the unit goes to sleep and never wakes up. If the phone is turned on, the green light blinks even when it is sleeping, and no matter what button I press, it never wakes up, and if it receives a call, it still doesn't wake up. Also, when this happens when charging, the red light stays on even when I unplug it.

Resetting the unit turns it back on, but as soon as it sleeps, it happens again.

So I go t a Sprint store this afternoon, and they confirm that there is a problem with it, and they see tha I didn't get it directly from SPrint, so they will not exchange it.

Now I'm emailing the seller of the unit, and he says he can send me a receipt to print out and give to them. i really doubt that will work, especially when it isn't the original.

I'm just VERY upset because I see all of the posts about the horrors of eBay, but I wanted a Treo so bad that I got sucked in... I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!!

Sorry about this boring post, but I just had to vent.... looks like I'm in for a pretty good fight... wish me luck!!!

Ken

ps. This is a great site. You guys are awesome!
    how did you pay the seller? how much did you pay?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    how did you pay the seller? how much did you pay?
    Used PayPal, $511.00.

Ken
    Have you considered contacting Palm directly?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliland
    Have you considered contacting Palm directly?
    That's what the seller wants me to do... but I'm doing an AWFUL lot of legwork to get this resolved, when this guy should be probably giving me a new one... *sigh*

Ken
    In a perfect world PalmOne or the seller should take care of you on this.

Good Luck.
    Sorry...this sucks. Can you get it to the point where you can turn it on and make a call? If so, maybe you can call and get it signed up for the lockline insurance...maybe you can get a replacement that way.

It also sounds like you have a manufacturing defect...and if so...the treo should still be under warranty through palmone. I would definitely be working through them for a replacement.

Finally, I would still be working through the ebay route. Did your ad state that the item wouldn't be dead on arrival? If so, maybe you can file a claim through ebays mediation program (safeharbour?).

Explore every oppurtunity!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Sorry...this sucks. Can you get it to the point where you can turn it on and make a call? If so, maybe you can call and get it signed up for the lockline insurance...maybe you can get a replacement that way.

It also sounds like you have a manufacturing defect...and if so...the treo should still be under warranty through palmone. I would definitely be working through them for a replacement.

Finally, I would still be working through the ebay route. Did your ad state that the item wouldn't be dead on arrival? If so, maybe you can file a claim through ebays mediation program (safeharbour?).

Explore every oppurtunity!
    Thanks for the reply... The ad states that it is "new", and it seemed like it. Everything was wrapped and sealed. I too think it just happened to be defective. I will try through palmone, but do you think they will help me, even though I got it online, or does it really matter to them?

Thanks again.

Ken

Edit: It seems like on palmone's web site they say that Sprint has to handle all repairs. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjancef
    That's what the seller wants me to do... but I'm doing an AWFUL lot of legwork to get this resolved, when this guy should be probably giving me a new one... *sigh*

Ken
    Not to pee on your day, but since it was an eBay auction, was there any mention of guarantees? Normally these things should be considered "buyer beware." Is it a private one time seller, or does this individual sell mutliple phones? (as in a Business)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Not to pee on your day, but since it was an eBay auction, was there any mention of guarantees? Normally these things should be considered "buyer beware." Is it a private one time seller, or does this individual sell mutliple phones? (as in a Business)
    Like they say, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on....

It seems this seller sells a TON of phones (a business), and it seems like he should be sending me a new one instead of having me go through all this....

Ken
    It should be covered by Plam one unless it is a used one or refurbished and it is not from an authorised seller. You should also contact PAYPAL directly (no later tha 6 weeks of transcation)ASAP. It'll take time but there is a very good possibility that it should be resolved or they'll refund your money. There is an upper limit for PAYPAL warrantly but I think that it is more than $ 500.
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!