1.    #1  
    Hi

I was just about to get myself a treo650 today but the dealer talked me out of it because he said the cost of getting emails via GPRS was extremely expensive and that just by pulling emails once an hour it was likely to cost about $200 per month. He said I'd be much better off getting a Blackberry for email but of course what I really want is Palm OS. I'm becoming exasperated with the process of getting myself a PDA or smart phone. I've done so much research and had decided on the treo but now I'm worried that my employer will have a fit over the carrier costs. The organisation I work for uses Optus. I'm not sure if anyone else where I work is using GPRS for data, obviously I'll have to ask questions there about our plan etc.

Any thoughts from treo users in Australia, particularly with Optus would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by OzKate
    Hi

I was just about to get myself a treo650 today but the dealer talked me out of it because he said the cost of getting emails via GPRS was extremely expensive and that just by pulling emails once an hour it was likely to cost about $200 per month. He said I'd be much better off getting a Blackberry for email but of course what I really want is Palm OS. I'm becoming exasperated with the process of getting myself a PDA or smart phone. I've done so much research and had decided on the treo but now I'm worried that my employer will have a fit over the carrier costs. The organisation I work for uses Optus. I'm not sure if anyone else where I work is using GPRS for data, obviously I'll have to ask questions there about our plan etc.

Any thoughts from treo users in Australia, particularly with Optus would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Kate
    I found it very cheap downloading email with Vodafone using the Treo600 in Australia... only $40-$60 a month... I would download the email subject firstly and if i wanted to look at the rest of the email I would simply download it. Im not to sure with Optus but I cant imagine there's a huge difference... hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbob
    I found it very cheap downloading email with Vodafone using the Treo600 in Australia... only $40-$60 a month... I would download the email subject firstly and if i wanted to look at the rest of the email I would simply download it. Im not to sure with Optus but I cant imagine there's a huge difference... hope this helps
    ps... I cant get you data download figures V's Cost if you would like... let me know..
    thanks
    b