Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I use a Black Razr V3 as my "weekend" phone and always liked the HelloMoto ringtone, so I put it on my Treo 650.

Sounds way better on the Treo (great bass). i know it's kinda wierd having your Treo say HelloMoto, but I think it's kinda fun

Here it is. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I did some searching I am sure this is obvious, but how do you get it on the treo? Do you have to convert it to the Nokia (arm) format first? Or midi?

Rossman
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    AWESOME man It sounds great on my 650 and my roommat's Nokia 3600! XD
  4.    #4  
    You can put it on your SD card and copy it to your phone or email it to your phone. The Treo will recognize it as a ringer.
    You're right, this rocks! Thanks!
    -Taylor
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I downloaded it. but how do I locate it on the card? I know its on the card but I can't find it anywhere!
    what's the trick to locating this sound file after you download it to the card?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    I downloaded it. but how do I locate it on the card? I know its on the card but I can't find it anywhere!
    what's the trick to locating this sound file after you download it to the card?
    If you downloaded it through Blazer "to the card" then it's in the folder: \PALM\Blazer\Download
    This file would have downloaded with a 'attachment.php', so even if you have handzipper lite or a program that knows how to open zip files, it won't know it's a zip.
    I used Resco Explorer to rename the file to attachment.zip. Then I simply selected the zip file and rescoe unzipped the .wav file into my sounds.

I've discovered that Rescoe Explorer is a MUST HAVE for the treo. It's basically a swiss army knife - file explorer.
    http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/

So if you view this thread from treo browser:
    1) Click on the filename and download it
    2) Open up Resco, locate \PALM\Blazer\Download
    3) rename attachment.php to attachment.zip (using resco)
    4) Click on the attachment.zip (using resco)
    5) Install it to sounds.

If you already unzipped it to a .wav file and downloaded it as a wav file... download it to applications and it should automatically go into your sounds.
    That is unless you have Pocket Tunes installed in which pocket tunes hijacks the .wav extension.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    If there are any Audio Engineers that would make a rip-off ring that says "Hello Treo", that would rock.
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJPsycho
    If there are any Audio Engineers that would make a rip-off ring that says "Hello Treo", that would rock.
    LOL Explain a bit more in detail? I AM an audio engineer
    Listen to the .wav. Just change two sylables from Mo- to Tree-
    Of course I don't know how an audio engineer can do that with just tools.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I've always loved that ringtone Cool man

When i get home (unless some one beats me to this) i will convert the ringtone to .mp3 if you guys want with Adobe Audition 1.5
    Here's the file with the word moto removed. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    That's pretty cool....
    Just started using Resco Explorer myself - very cool. Besides playing with zip files, I have also been using it to modify preference files. Highly recommended.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    You know what would be cool...if the word MOTO could be morphed to TREO
    Agreed! I hope someone here has the ability (and time to blow) to do that.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    man- but a hello treo would rock
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    wow this is great - when I emailed the wave file to myself, it didn't save to the sound prefs. I converted it to amr instead and it saved to "sounds". So did you all use the wave file for your ringtones or convert it? I'm curious...If you used the wave file, how did you save it to your ringtones? (I asked this on another thread but maybe someone else here will know the answer.)
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast