Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Probably the most annoying ring tone ever known to man.
    Here is one method I use to add ringtones to my Treo:

1) Download and unzip in my PC and then write it to SD card (with a Card reader/writer).

i.e. /PALM/AUDIO/hellotreo-audrey.wav

2) Open Blazer and type this as the URL:

file://PALM/AUDIO/hellotreo-audrey.wav

3) A popup will ask you where to download it. Just select "Sound" and you are done.
    I just emailed myself the hellotreo-audrey.zip file. I downloaded the attachment to a directory in the card, and unzipped it with Handzipper. I have PTunes installed. The wav file went automatically to my Manage Sounds screen, and I was able to select it as the default sound in Sound Prefs, and it worked. I was also able to SELECT it as a ringtone for one of my favorites - it shows on the list, but it wont work. I can change to other sounds on the list, but the WAV files dont work. This is a known Treo bug.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    nm
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    <snip>I was also able to SELECT it as a ringtone for one of my favorites - it shows on the list, but it wont work. I can change to other sounds on the list, but the WAV files dont work. This is a known Treo bug.
    Works for me after updating to 1.12.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Works for me after updating to 1.12.
    You're on Sprint, right? Anyone on Cingular got it to work with fw 1.28?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    You're on Sprint, right? Anyone on Cingular got it to work with fw 1.28?
    Unlocked Palmone with 1.28...it still doesn't work. Wav files can be used for the default rings, but won't be if assigned to a favorite.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    StevenChoi -

When I do this it does not ask me where I want to SAVE the file. It asks me where I want to GET the file. Can you clarify? I am doing exactly as you outlined....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Unlocked Palmone with 1.28...it still doesn't work. Wav files can be used for the default rings, but won't be if assigned to a favorite.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    ...I've discovered that Rescoe Explorer is a MUST HAVE for the treo. It's basically a swiss army knife - file explorer.
    http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/...
    Resco is awesome!!!! Many thanks for sharing!!

Wonderful job with the ringers, guys... they sound great!!!
    Ya, so I got sick of the ringtone...thanks though, put it to good use the past month or so!

Seems I usually change my ringtone every month or so...although I did have 'Alice in Chains - Sunshine' on my previous phone for a good 5-6 months.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    ... Wav files can be used for the default rings, but won't be if assigned to a favorite.
    since the last update, my treo will now let wavs be used as favorites ringers.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    I am using 1.30 Cingular Unlocked and I can assign wav to favorites.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ok...Well I know I am late on this one but I finally tried it out.

Here is the best Hello Treo out there! Good Luck
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Can you tell me hoe to make the the boot-up sound when the radio is turned on?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Ok...Well I know I am late on this one but I finally tried it out.

Here is the best Hello Treo out there! Good Luck
    That sounds great, but you cut off the beginning part, the ringing sound before the "hello motto/treo"
    Thanks for this anyhow!
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    What did you use to compress that wav so much? Can you give me any advice on how to compress audio heavily and maintain quality? I have .mp3's shorter than that file over twice it's size. It still sounds good too.
    hi i have a mp3 that says you've got mail. However, ever brand of mp3 ringtone player seems to crash my treo 650 is it possible to convert it to a regular ringtone? Thnaks Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    hi i have a mp3 that says you've got mail. However, ever brand of mp3 ringtone player seems to crash my treo 650 is it possible to convert it to a regular ringtone? Thanks Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Here's yet another shot. Changed the playback speed on the "Hello Treo" part. Sounds closer to the "Hello Moto" voice.

K
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast