Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    Ok, let's try this one with Audrey. I've thrown in an AMR version, but it doesn't sound as good.
    Outstanding.
    Are any of you getting this to work with PTunes installed? I cannot seem to keep PTunes from overriding the default Sound app, so I can't load it into my ringtones list.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have PTunes, but I also use mp3Ringer to play MP3 ringtones via PTunes, so it's not a problem. Note that the 650, by itself, can't play MP3 or WAV ringtones. As a test, I loaded the AMR version and it showed up fine in my regular list.
    Note that the 650, by itself, can't play MP3 or WAV ringtones.
    Not so; it'll play WAV ringtones.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu
    Are any of you getting this to work with PTunes installed? I cannot seem to keep PTunes from overriding the default Sound app, so I can't load it into my ringtones list.
    Make sure that you've got a backup of the pTunesWav file on your card and then either delete it from RAM using a file manager, or from within Pocket Tunes via the Tools/Plugins menu. After you've downloaded your wav ringtone, copy the pTunesWav file back to RAM.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Not so; it'll play WAV ringtones.
    Hmm - that wasn't my understanding, but ok...
    holmes, you are right, the 650 without any 3rd party app cannot use wav files as ringtones, it can play them but as a ringtone. AMR format is the only one it can play as ringtoned without 3rd party app. If I am wrong please post detailed instruction, not just saying it does.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Homes,

What you put together with Audrey sounds great - thank you! Now to get the mp3 ringer / ptones combo to use the high fidelity version instead of the amr. But pushing the amr into immediate use regardless. Thanks again for your work here!

Matt
    I'm not going to babysit you through doing it, but I have no 3rd party app and I am playing all the wavs posted in this thread as ringers. I have already posted how I do it. It's very easy.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Treo 650 CAN play wav files as ringtones. The above hello treo-audrey wav ringtone plays perfectly as ringtone on my 650 w/o 3rd party software. I just downladed it, changed the extension to .zip and then e-mailed it to myself. I opened the e-mailed zip file with handzipper lite, opened the wav file and voila! the wav file is now a valid file in my system sounds. NO 3rd PARTY APPS TO USE WAV FILE AS RINGTONE.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    first, gecko you need some babysitting because you need major attitude adjustment.
    second, just because it is in sounds does not mean it will "ring" when assigned as a ringtone.
    Treoing & Loving it
    update:
    I was not clear enough, it can be assigned as a default ringtone BUT not as a ringtone for a fav button.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    first, gecko you need some babysitting because you need major attitude adjustment.
    second, just because it is in sounds does not mean it will "ring" when assigned as a ringtone.
    No babysitting needed here, just get your facts straight. Yes, it will "ring" when assigned as a ringtone.

BTW, if you can download it to a PC, unzip it there, and e-mail just the wav, you can save a step or two. But of course that's assuming your browsing the forum on a PC.

Edit: And the reason for my attitude is a) so many ppl have explained how to do it and b) despite the fact the ppl are doing it, ppl come in here and spread false information that it can't be done. Even if you were mistakenly unclear, that's basically what was happening and it annoyed me.
    Last edited by Geckotek; 05/14/2005 at 06:25 PM.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    Ok, let's try this one with Audrey. I've thrown in an AMR version, but it doesn't sound as good.
    Thanks Holmes, exactly what I was looking for. Sounds awesome.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    When using the email method to get the wav file into sounds: after clicking the icon next to the mail attchment in versamail select sounds as you viewer and then VIEW the file. Then you can save it to sounds. I was not selecting view and never could get it.

Let's cool off, everyone just wants to do something interesting with their Treo.
    Last edited by mg48; 05/15/2005 at 12:38 AM.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I was doing some Google searches trying to look for other voice synthesizer demos. The AT&T one came up a lot, but I didn't find any others that sounded at all good and allowed me to enter text. My old buddy DECtalk the "drunken Swede" (as the New York Times once referred to it) sure gets around - DECtalk technology was adopted by many, including Apple and Creative. I can always tell when I'm listening to a DECtalk derivative.

Voice synthesis has certainly improved over the years, though. Back when I was a kid in the 60s, my uncle, who was an engineer for Bell Labs, gave me a record of a Bell Labs synthesizer singing "Daisy, Daisy". (This was paid homage to in the movie "2001".) In the 80s, there was DECtalk, revolutionary for its time, which fit on a board (and later entirely in software), and nowadays my telephone "announces" the names of callers with fairly good pronunciation, given the limitations of Caller ID.
    check it out
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    totally useless but why not?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    T650 - it will terminate itself!!
    Just out of interest, is treo pronounced "Tree-oh" or "Tray-oh"?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Tree-oh, if the "long" bar above the e is any indication.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast