Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJPsycho
    I suggested this about 13 hours ago, now there are about 5 versions! I'll have to wait til I get home to listen to them.
    Holy crud! I'm sorry i didnt notice that you had initially requested that
    If you have a sound on your card you can actually email it to yourself and then it will be saved to "Sounds." Works like a charm.
    not if you have pTunes...

any other way to do this?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    "I used Resco Explorer to rename the file to attachment.zip. Then I simply selected the zip file and rescoe unzipped the .wav file into my sounds."

thanks, taylor, ill give resco a try later on. appreciate it.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Holy crud! I'm sorry i didnt notice that you had initially requested that
    It's all good. I'm no glory seeker anyway
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by singersong
    I did some searching to remember where I originally found the file. This should be an easier way to get it on your Treo.

1. Point your Treo browser to: http://wap.mobile9.com/gallery/
    2. Enter WAP ID: 655
    3. Select Tyype: Ringtone
    4. Click "Get File"
    5. Save to your Treo's sounds

Hope this helps!
    any chance of getting Rush's Tom Sawyer?
    Last edited by fkjr2; 05/13/2005 at 04:28 PM.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by singersong
    I did some searching to remember where I originally found the file. This should be an easier way to get it on your Treo.

1. Point your Treo browser to: http://wap.mobile9.com/gallery/
    2. Enter WAP ID: 655
    3. Select Tyype: Ringtone
    4. Click "Get File"
    5. Save to your Treo's sounds

Hope this helps!

when I do this - it says - error database not found??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Since I had PTunes installed, I can't select the email attachment to select which viewer I want. Any workarounds or a way to roll it back?
    I downloaded trial of Resco - used it to find the sound file - and copied it ot the handheld. That worked. Note - the ringtone loses it's name. it will be a named '???' and will be at the top of your ringtone list.

Thanks Everyone...
    Last edited by mshaw1515; 05/13/2005 at 08:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    how did you convert? what is an amr file?
    I used the Nokia multimedia converter 2.0

http://www.mobymemory.com/Content/HO...r.2.0.593.html

http://www.nonliteral.com/lawson/web..._for_treo_650/
    i just beamed/bluetoothed the files to my phone and no problems- i even have ptunes installed
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    So how can I do this if I have Pocket Tunes installed and I don't have bluetooth on my computer to be able to beam it over?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I noticed that the earlier edits removed the opening ring tones, and I liked those. Here's my attempt, in MP3 and WAV form. Sounds pretty good on my Treo.

If someone has a recording of the "Hello Treo" words they like better, I can splice it in easily enough. I used Nero Wave Editor.

You can send the file to the Treo by just dragging and dropping on the Palm Install tool. It will end up in the music folder, same as beaming.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by holmes4; 05/14/2005 at 08:54 AM.
    I'm having troubles attaching some files, so if you want my ringtones which include:
    1. You've got mail (MP3/WAV)
    2. You got Mail Mother *BEEP* (MP3/WAV)
    3. A redone classical song dancified (MP3/WAV)
    4. Hello Moto (MP3/WAV)

email me at k dot alladin at rogers dot com
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    I noticed that the earlier edits removed the opening ring tones, and I liked those. Here's my attempt, in MP3 and WAV form. Sounds pretty good on my Treo.

If someone has a recording of the "Hello Treo" words they like better, I can splice it in easily enough. I used Nero Wave Editor.

You can send the file to the Treo by just dragging and dropping on the Palm Install tool. It will end up in the music folder, same as beaming.
    Niceee. Can you make "hello treo" louder?...can barely hear it on mine. Did you use the AT&T brit guy?
    Hey - saw the earlier request to include the Brit girl from the AT&T text to voice site and listened to it and really think it sounds cool saying "Hello Treo" - so two more votes (me and my friend) for that one.. Don't have Nero but downloaded the wav of the sound that maybe could be spliced in? (Attachment is not a completed ringtone but rather just the wav of the speech.)

Cool Stuff.

Matt
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Actually, I used one of the US guys - with the "voice distortion" I thought it sounded better. Maybe I'll play with this more - it's loud, but not as intelligible as I'd like.

The AT&T speech is convenient, but one doesn't have a choice of inflection, and is already lower quality than the ringtone.
    Holmes,

I think the voice distortion you did had the desired effect in terms of matching the original Hello Moto tone. Although, what I was thinking was that it might sound good with the British Girl without distorting it at all - almost slightly more professional sounding..

Sad to say that downloaded ringtones in my past have always been to restore more normal sounding rings that worked (and could be heard) in a business or street setting.. While not exactly in that category, this treocentral collectively designed ringtone makes a neat story that makes it completely passable. But, it sounds like the AT&T site may not be the best in terms of quality though? I played with it quite a bit because I thought it was cool - but seems like they have the technology to make it perfect but somehow crippled it in the demo..

Oh well, if you have any time to see if the above sounds good together, the end file will probably have a better result that what I might put together.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I tried something that I like the effect of... Stay tooned.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Ok, let's try this one with Audrey. I've thrown in an AMR version, but it doesn't sound as good.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast