1.    #1  
    forgive if i am missing the obvious here, but after sifting through 20+ pages of various threads regarding ROM/firmware updates, i am absolutely lost... i have a Cingular-branded 650 w/ the original ROM version (1.05?) and would very much like to update it to have working BT DUN w/out resorting to the hacked .prc... i see a lot of mention about Cingular users upgrading to version 1.15, and some reference to it being available upon the Palmone website, but i find no updates available there or at the Cingular website... can anyone point me in the right direction here?

i don't want to take a chance flashing to anything dangerous to my phone, hence this thread begging for pointers... thx in advance all..!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    ah, thx for the quick response! but, that link goes to a page that only mentions a "1.04 Voicemail updater", is this also a formware update? will it enable BT DUN on my Treo..?
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    I have a Cingular-branded 650 w/ the original ROM version (1.05?) and would very much like to update it to have working BT DUN w/out resorting to the hacked .prc... i see a lot of mention about Cingular users upgrading to version 1.15, and some reference to it being available upon the Palmone website, but i find no updates available there or at the Cingular website... can anyone point me in the right direction here?

i don't want to take a chance flashing to anything dangerous to my phone, hence this thread begging for pointers... thx in advance all..!
    There has only been one official update for the Cingular-branded 650's, and it does not enable DUN. Your only options at this time are to use shadowmite's DUN hack or to upgrade your device to one of the leaked beta ROW (i.e. non-CNG) versions.

If you want to play 100% safe, then use Shadowmite's hack. If it causes problems, removal is as simple as deleting that single file, and you won't have touched anything "inside" your device.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    There has only been one official update for the Cingular-branded 650's, and it does not enable DUN. Your only options at this time are to use shadowmite's DUN hack or to upgrade your device to one of the leaked beta ROW (i.e. non-CNG) versions.

If you want to play 100% safe, then use Shadowmite's hack. If it causes problems, removal is as simple as deleting that single file, and you won't have touched anything "inside" your device.
    ah, thx for the clarification jetkins... do you know if Cingular users have been able to update to these leaked ROM versions w/out dire consequences? the Shadowmite hack has always been flaky for me when pairing w/ my Apple Powerbook, was hoping a later version that turned on BT DUN might offer better performance..
    Yes, Cingular users have successfully upgraded to the leaked ROW versions, both with unlocked phones (such as myself) and units that are still locked to Cingular SIMs.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Yes, Cingular users have successfully upgraded to the leaked ROW versions, both with unlocked phones (such as myself) and units that are still locked to Cingular SIMs.
    thx jetkins... i did breakdown earlier and install the ROM update as linking here in the fora, it seemingly went fine and all is working normal so far, it is nice to have all the bundled Cingular apps that came w/ my 650 gone finally! knock on wood...