1.    #1  
    Should I upgrade a 650 unlocked to 1.21 from 1.15 if I get it? If so do I have to download a special version to install from SD card and can I get 1.15 back if need be?

Thanks
    Do you have a stability problem? I don't remember what version I had before I upgraded, but the ONLY reason I upgraded was for the memory fix and I needed it in order to install two huge apps.
    I think in general, however, it has made my Treo less reliable. It sort of locks up when it loses the cell signal, otherwise no problems. The version that came on my Treo was great, I never had any stability issues (I have unlocked GSM, not Cingular.)

Also, from what I hear from a source close to the source is that 1.21 and 1.23 are really early builds and that they really aren't close to releasing the final yet. I hope it's not true, but the source says a couple of months.

I suggest you don't upgrade just because, only do so if you have a problem. If you'rs is really unstable, then yes 1.21 is going to be more stable.

I could be wrong, but no one has demonstrated success going back to 1.15 that I know of.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I did the upgrade to 1.23 and am happy as a clam. I could no longer accept the volume problems, both with the phone and the speakerphone. I got tons more memory and the volume is fixed. However, stability is another issue entirely - I don't even think it has to do with these various builds. My guess is that you have software issues. My phone is very stable - I took as much "extra" software off as I could. I do use Zlauncher and keep some apps on the card - yes, I still occasionally get a freeze up when pulling one of these from the card, but no more than before. It's bad advice not to update at this point. Just my two cents (and yes, we all agree, Palm should have already issued the final, formal build).
    I have successfully downgraded from 1.23 to 1.21 and then to 1.15 on a Cingular GSM unlocked phone. Each downgrade went in with no problems.

My latest suspicion is that the instability problems are due to the preference files getting munged during the transitions between FW versions. I am getting ready to reset my treo update to 1.23 and manually reinstall all my apps.

Since others have reported stable Treos after the upgrade, I am hopeful that this approach will help.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I just received a new T650 that's locked to Cingular Blue (AT&T). If I put 1.23 on it and run into trouble, is there any way to get back to the original firmware? "Swieder", you say that you were able to downgrade - where did you get the 1.15 image for your phone?
    A link to the 1.15 FW is available on this web site. Search for my name and you will find the link
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I installed 1.21 several weeks ago, and improved my RAM by about 40%. Had a few stability problems though. Wednesday I customized 1.21 by removing VersaMail, RealPlayer, and Tutorial from RAM and adding SnapperMail. Since then I've had no stability problems and it seems to run a bit faster.

Go figure...
    I have trouble seeing how customizing your ROMs could improve your stability. Does anyone care to try to explain this behavior?

bbtw; Which version of Snapper are you using? I may want to switch from Versamail if this turns out to be the culprit.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    "A link to the 1.15 FW is available on this web site. Search for my name and you will find the link"

I tried that, nothing comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by klowy
    "A link to the 1.15 FW is available on this web site. Search for my name and you will find the link"

I tried that, nothing comes up.
    ftp://ftp.snikte.net/
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro