Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Anybody know of a good POP3 email client that will:

1) Work with Treo 650
    2) Will get email as it arrives, or can be set to check for email in the background at regular intervals?

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I recommend ChatterEmail . It does what you seek and much more.

Wo
    I second Chatter!
    I third chatter! (Wait, can you actually "third" something?)
    I recommend you learn how to search. Answers really can be found with even the tiniest amount of initiative.

NOTE: This comment is meant to be helpful.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    what about the included email app? it is free.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    what about the included email app? it is free.
    Free is good...got no problem with that. However, if you search the threads, quite a few people have either a) had problems with versamail or b) have not recommended it. Overall, I have seen recommended:

Chatter
    Snappermail
    Agendus?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Free is good...got no problem with that. However, if you search the threads, quite a few people have either a) had problems with versamail or b) have not recommended it. Overall, I have seen recommended:

Chatter
    Snappermail
    Agendus?
    I use Snapper myself.

It seems that some ppl get along fine with versamail, while others don't.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yeah, I think its very 'hit or miss' with versamail.

I think chatter is king (even if you use POP :-( ) because it runs in the background, it is soooooo customizable and for me, I love the fact that I can be in another program (like surfing the web on TC) and when an email comes in, I can read it, mark it read, write a reply and send it, all without actually leaving the app I am in!

Who says you can't multi-task on the treo?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I would set up a fastmail account and have your pop3 account forwarded to fastmail. This way you can have an IMAP connection b/w Treo/Chatter and the mail server, and you will get your mail instantaneously. If you set up the reply address as your pop3 email address, no one will know that the email was sent through the fastmail SMTP server. This arrangement has worked out great for me.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    That comment is not helpful. I am able to find MANY types of programs that do this - the intent was to find programs that other users have tested and liked. What more is a discussion board for if not to share ideas, experiences with software and suggestions?

Karl
    www.karlz.tv

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I recommend you learn how to search. Answers really can be found with even the tiniest amount of initiative.

NOTE: This comment is meant to be helpful.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    I would set up a fastmail account and have your pop3 account forwarded to fastmail. This way you can have an IMAP connection b/w Treo/Chatter and the mail server, and you will get your mail instantaneously. If you set up the reply address as your pop3 email address, no one will know that the email was sent through the fastmail SMTP server. This arrangement has worked out great for me.
    I've been running this configuration with Fastmail and a Yahoo account for a few months. It works extremely well with Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz
    That comment is not helpful. I am able to find MANY types of programs that do this - the intent was to find programs that other users have tested and liked. What more is a discussion board for if not to share ideas, experiences with software and suggestions?

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Exactly why a search would be helpful. The question has been asked and answered AT LENGTH numerous times.

Every email app that works on the Treo has been discussed here. A search will yield a vast amount of information and opinions.

So, my comment stands...it truly was being helpful...unless what you REALLY want is to be spoon fed.
    - Albert Einstein
    Exactly why a search would be helpful. The question has been asked and answered AT LENGTH numerous times.

Every email app that works on the Treo has been discussed here. A search will yield a vast amount of information and opinions.

So, my comment stands...it truly was being helpful...unless what you REALLY want is to be spoon fed.
    I agree. There is even a forum board section specifically for communication software. All one has to do is go there, and search in that forum. Yes, this is a discussion board, but we need to be more self-sufficient.

Oddly enough I did a search for this same topic several times. While I finally did find an email program for my needs I had to sift through serveral threads where the same ***** kept telling people to do a search rather than providing solid helpful advice.

Remember being a good guy is easy but being a jerk takes work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNightmare
    Oddly enough I did a search for this same topic several times. While I finally did find an email program for my needs I had to sift through serveral threads where the same ***** kept telling people to do a search rather than providing solid helpful advice.

Point well taken but anyone who has lurked around this board should know by now that if they are asking a question that has already been posted numerous times, they should preface their question with "I have searched for this and I couldnt find the answer...". Some people have done this and it goes a long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNightmare

Hmmmm, sounds like a personal attack. Unwarranted and unnecessary.

<soapbox>

If it's been asked and answered before, a search should suffice. Saying that there are too many results from a search to sift through and then starting a new thread, which only adds to those search results only compounds the problem. The real issue is too many people are unwilling to do a little work to help themselves because it is easier to let someone else provide "solid helpful advice"....ie spoonfeed them the answers.

</soapbox>
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I don't use a corporate server but am looking for a new mail app. Agendus keeps crashing, Snapper is expensive ($59). I'm trying Chatter now and it looks good so far. My questions are:
    1. Since I don't use a corporate server is Chatter still worthwhile; most other apps have a auto-fetch feature.
    2. Is it stable? I've read other posts from people that mention Chatter crashingwhile using TomTom(which I use), but is this related to IMAP push?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Chatter has problems with TomTom because TomTom takes up so much memory that Chatter doesn't always have enough to run. The work-around is to shutdown Chatter while using TomTom.

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast