Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Chatter has problems with TomTom because TomTom takes up so much memory that Chatter doesn't always have enough to run. The work-around is to shutdown Chatter while using TomTom.

Marc
    Thanks, I assume i won't have this problem because i don't use IMAP?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    It depends on how many accounts and mailboxes you have.

Marc
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    How much space should the app take up in RAM? Mine shows the beta at 1.1M. Does this sound about right?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I used Snappermail version 1 with my 600 and loved it. I just downloaded the trial of Chatter for my 650 and I love that program too.. I see some benefits to Chatter with being able to store emails on a memory card and having the application run completely in the background.. Either program will do what you need - but I THINK Chatter might do it better.. They're both great programs...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Just an FYI but I woke up this morning and found Chatter dead in the water. It hadn't retrieved email since 3am for some reason. I downloaded a trial of the latest Snappermail and it was nice to see all the familiar stuff I got used to with my Treo 600 and Snappermail 1.x... I'll still give Chatter a chance, however.. If I run into the same problem tonight/tomorrow, I'll probably ditch it for Snappermail...
    Sal Collaziano
    What does "dead in the water" mean? If you'd like to pursue this, you could make me a log... (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com)

Marc
    By "dead in the water", I meant it stopped working. It was stuck stating something like, "Next: 3:04 am" on both my email accounts. It would appear to be syncing but didn't download any email and just kept showing that same "Next" time..

Everything went okay last night through this morning so hopefully it was an isolated issue.. I have a feeling everything will be fine now..

Thank you...
    Sal Collaziano
    Found Versamail on my 680 a bit primitive & lacking and tried several options. I have settled with Agendus SSL that works fine with my 4 e-mail accounts and different POP servers.

Not one single crash in 2 months of light everyday use. Now I am using AGM more, 2-3 times a day, to eliminate spams but mainly I do my "official" mail work with my home PC using Eudora v7.0

One thing I'm not sure of: to use my original Treo SMS software, or the Agendus SMS; will have to experiment a while to decide.

The best things for me in AGM is: ease to set up different accounts; no crashes; quick sending & retrieving mails, AND especially with same Network preferences I do my Agendus Mail, use Mundu for IM, use Opera Mini Browser, and only wish to have AGM and Opera as my default mail and browser handlers.
    CHARCAPE
    HP200LX (6 years, excellent) - Treo 180 - Tungsten E - Treo 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12