Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    looks like this is coming out soon. its a wi-fi sled for the treo 650 made by enfora

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....%5Fid=MP950540
    Hasn't this has been "coming soon" for about 3 months now?
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Longer than that.
    Vaporware.
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    looks like this is coming out soon. its a wi-fi sled for the treo 650 made by enfora

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....%5Fid=MP950540
    Just in time to be crushed by the new Audiovox.
    dude, the audiovox is not new, nor is it that cool. The screen is bigger, but doesn't look as good as t650 nor is it palm os
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    Do you kick your dog every day you walk in the door? Cause your sure are uptight and angry. Here is your collection of posts for the past two (2) days:

Quote Originally Posted by docmaster: Yesterday, 09:10 AM
    Oh BS...

I've got some swamp land in FL with all of your names on it...

C'mon guys...
    1. They haven't even bothered to address or support the bulk of the great BT headsets that are out there now...
    2. They're selling voicedialing for $30 as though it actually works with BT... the unsuspecting buyer that doesn't read the fine print only finds out later that it DOESN'T AT ALL!
    3. This NEW AND IMPROVED MEMORY system they have in this thing is what is causing ALL.... that's right ALL of the anomolies you hear about.
    4. And finally, they stuck with 32megs of it.

When are you going to finally stop sucking up all this crap they're shovelling to you and actually make some phone calls to P1 to say ENOUGH!

Here's a napkin... you've got a little drool right there.

This one here was offered for the screen coming on? http://www.democraticunderground.com...mages/rofl.gif
    I don't use any other software at all and mine will do this from time to time as well.

Guys, look... it's this new memory system causing these hundreds of different anomolies in the 650... unexplained stuff is popping up all over the place... it comes and goes... a bizarre problem that you've never had before will pop up today and then mysteriously fix itself, sometimes after several hard resets and sometimes with no coaxing at all... sometimes over weeks or months and sometimes it only shows up for one day... many times you'd hardly notice it if it was minor enough... but sometimes it's like it just jumps up and slaps you.

Look past the problem itself, as it is merely the symptom...

The cause is the GD memory.

I'm telling you P1 needs to be pressured to go back to the old memory system that was on the 600... they also need to make it 128k... it would hardly cost them anything to add the extra memory.

As a side benefit... think of all the old apps that you once loved that you'd be able to run again!

Food for thought.
    Last edited by NRG; 05/12/2005 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    dude, the audiovox is not new, nor is it that cool. The screen is bigger, but doesn't look as good as t650 nor is it palm os
    It is brand new.
    The screen is nearly twice the size.
    Look as good? I'm more concerned with function.
    Not Palm OS? Thank God for that.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It is brand new.
    The screen is nearly twice the size.
    Look as good? I'm more concerned with function.
    Not Palm OS? Thank God for that.
    Is your name Trundy?
    What's a trundy?
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    What's a trundy?
    You.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Is your name Trundy?
    That question was asked about a week ago: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=69082&page=2, post #29. Apparently the Doc's email address is (or was), @treo650update.com. He never did answer the question.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    That question was asked about a week ago: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=69082&page=2, post #29. Apparently the Doc's email address is (or was), @treo650update.com. He never did answer the question.
    It is Trundy!!!!! See Here
    Last edited by NRG; 05/12/2005 at 06:15 PM.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Doc are YOU really Trundy in a costume?
    Tundy, that isn't really new! That's ANOTHER variation of the Siemens SX66, PPC6600, etc. etc. etc. It's the same model being rebranded and modified into 5 different "brands".

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=570
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Sorry about the thread jacking. But that person really gets under my skin when he complains about something that, he has no evidence for.

Back on topic:
    The wifi sled really doesn't impress me all that much. I mean whenever I am near Wifi I have my laptop. Plus I really wouldn't want to carry that around all the time.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    I talked to their sales rep at the Houston Treo Road Show and she said availability for Treo600 mid-May and for Treo650 at the end of May.
    Last edited by ERicJ; 05/12/2005 at 06:36 PM.
    I for 1 might be interested if it got good reveiws and had its own power source
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    it has its own battery -- and can be recharged together w/ the Treo.

But its fundamentally a kludge -- and it saddens me to say that.

During the fall last year when the 650 came out, I was a vociferous advocate for p1 to enable drivers for an SD WIFI card.

At the roadshow in early November P1 staffers explained to me why it wasn't going to happen -- and hinted instead at what months later turns out to be this sled.

Unfortunately its price is expensive -- (understandly given the small audience), too expensive for something that seems so large.

And as important to me, Skype has not been written for the POS -- one of the most important reasons to have wifi.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Well, it is for real. I was able to play with a prototype. Very nice that you can browse the web and check email, IM, browse the web all at the same time! I played with the 600 version only and it was pretty impressive how fast it worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    how big does it feel ??

can it fit into a normal case ?? how much does it weight ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast