Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is only for the people out here who have used the 660 as well as the TWH extensively, and can comment on which one is best overall. I'm mainly looking for volume and clarity. And i prefer w/o having to use eargels also. I currently use the 2500 by Plantronics but it can be statiky at times and the connection can take up to like 4 to 5 seconds. I want something a lil quicker. Thanks,
    I have been using the TWH since almost the day it was released, ordered from PalmOne. Was the first and only bluetooth headset that I had used with my Cingular 650. It worked great for awhile, and then I had to start re-setting and re-pair about once a week. It would intermittently connect or not; was starting to drive me crazy. I decided to try the HBH660, just received it today and made my first couple of calls. Audio receiving and talking is great, connection is VERY quick. The range is MUCH better than the TWH. It's a little bigger than the TWH, but I'll trade that for the significant increase in performance. So far, so good...I'm glad I made the decision to try the HBH660. Will update in a week or so. In both case, no eargels. I can't tolerate anything in my ear canals thanks to many ear infections as a kid.
  3.    #3  
    So the volume on the 660 is the best so far? Let me know. Also where did you order your 660?
    Volume on both is very much the same to me; no problem with low volume on the HBH 660 for me w/Cingular 650. Just got back from using it all morning. All callers reported good sound from my end and I did not get any static at all or missed connections on my end. I also like the audible "beep" from the 660 that it has successfully connected and picked up a call, the TWH does not have this. Also a BIG plus for me is there is no LED flashing all the time on the 660. The TWH LED is VERY bright and caused reflective distractions while driving and lit up the entire cabin of my car at night. I got my 660 from Dan's cellular on Ebay, excellent service and I got an incredible price via auction of $66.00 shipped. He also includes a car charger.
    Any others have real life experience comparing the TWH and the 660? I just got a TWH and people are already complaining it sounds tinny and echoing and too much outside noise. Is the 660 any better? I had the Scala 500 but it was too staticky.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 05/17/2005 at 03:22 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  6.    #6  
    Hey TreoGuy, from the sounds of things and reading the current threads that have been posted, go on with the Sony 660. Based on these i would rank them as following: (of course my opinion)!!! I just purchased my Sony 660 yesterday. And i'm pissed b/c i had one before but had to purchase a whole other unit because i misplaced the ear hook thingy!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Sony 660
    #2 TWH
    I have a Cingular branded Treo 650. To date, I have tried 5 different bluetooth headsets. These include the Sony HBH-660, Sony HBH-300, Motorola HS820, Jabra BT250 (not the one customized for Palm), and the new Treo Wireless Headset. Performance varied widely between all of the above except the two Sony models.

For overall sound quality, I find the Sony HBH-300 to be best closely followed by the Sony HBH-660. Volume is loud and clear for both the headset wearer and the person on the other end of the call. The TWH is in the middle of the pack for sound quality. I have had people complaining about hearing an echo of themselves, so I have had to turn the volume way down to avoid this problem. Using an ear gel is a somewhat adequate work around for boosting the volume of the earpiece.

Connectivity performance also differs widely. The two Sony models ring almost immediately upon receiving a call, but they require a button press for making outgoing calls using the headset. The TWH connects without having to press a button, but it takes a couple seconds longer to ring for incoming calls. Outgoing calls connect right away. I also experience a lag of a second or two after pressing the button to answer an incoming call. For the first few calls, I mistakenly thought the button didn't register so I pressed it a second time and wound up hanging up the call.

Personally, I'm still in search of the perfect bluetooth headset. In the meantime, I use the Sony HBH-300 when sound quality is critical. Most of the time, I use the TWH due to seamless handoffs and comfort (ear hook combined with ear gel). If the HBH-300 were less bulky, I'd probably use it more often.
    dhammond...yes, now it seems that is the consensus, but then usskaos1 makes some good points that seem to argue against it. I also don't like that there is that lag on the TWH and have already hung up on some people by pressing the button twice thinking it hadn't registered. The echoing is a bad thing (and I haven't spent the additional time/money to find the eargels), but I also don't know that I like having to press the button to make an outgoing call. I liked my Scala 500 (until I ran it over), but had read how much better the range and reception was on the TWH. So far, not so impressed though.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I want to try the SOny headset, are there any stores that carry them in stock ? I want a brick&mortar store that I can return it to if I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    ........The two Sony models {{HBH-660 & HBH-300}} ring almost immediately upon receiving a call, but they require a button press for making outgoing calls using the headset. The TWH connects without having to press a button, but it takes a couple seconds longer to ring for incoming calls.....

Sorry to intrude on this thread, as I have only ever used a Sony HBH-660, but never the TWH. However, with all due respect, the Sony HBH-660 does not require a button press in order to connect when making an outgoing call from the t650. (At least mine doesn't!)

As long as my HBH-660 is powered on, I simply dial a number on my 650, then it takes approximately 1 second for the HBH-660 to connect automatically with a confirming beep.

I use the 660 with a Jabra ear gel... sound volume is GREAT. I find the best sound quality results are experienced when I have my HBH-660 headset volume on the LOWEST level. (If the volume is too low, I raise it on the T650, not the headset)

My only gripe with the HBH-660 is the fact that you can connect the HBH-660 to the T650 if you're already in the middle of a call. (Example: your HBH-660 was OFF and you pick up an incoming call... you're now stuck using the t650 like a regular phone, or using the speakerphone)

...just my 2cents!
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD

My only gripe with the HBH-660 is the fact that you can connect the HBH-660 to the T650 if you're already in the middle of a call. (Example: your HBH-660 was OFF and you pick up an incoming call... you're now stuck using the t650 like a regular phone, or using the speakerphone)
    Does the TWH allow you to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal
    Does the TWH allow you to do this?
    Yes, it does!! Not to confuse things for all here, but I have had the ooposite experience than most in this thread. I have been using the New TWH for almost 2 weeks now, and am having much better performance than I did with the Sony HBH 660, or the Moto HS850.

I am now using the TWH, with an eargel from my 1st Jabra BT headset, as well as the earloop am liking it even more now.
    Last edited by MattM2G; 05/18/2005 at 04:06 PM.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I don't want to get this thread entirely off the topic of volume and clarity that the OP mentioned. But what other features does the TWH have when combined with the Treo 650 that the HBH-660 does not. I know that the TWH charger will charge the Treo 650, and as mentioned above the if the TWH is off when receiving a call it can then be turned on and used for the conversation.. what else?
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal
    I don't want to get this thread entirely off the topic of volume and clarity that the OP mentioned. But what other features does the TWH have when combined with the Treo 650 that the HBH-660 does not. I know that the TWH charger will charge the Treo 650, and as mentioned above the if the TWH is off when receiving a call it can then be turned on and used for the conversation.. what else?
    I dont want to put the same post in every headset thread, but take a look at this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=76782 Especially toward the end, and you will get a good idea of all of the features.

Here is another thread that may answer you questions as well.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82601
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    Sorry to intrude on this thread, as I have only ever used a Sony HBH-660, but never the TWH. However, with all due respect, the Sony HBH-660 does not require a button press in order to connect when making an outgoing call from the t650. (At least mine doesn't!)

As long as my HBH-660 is powered on, I simply dial a number on my 650, then it takes approximately 1 second for the HBH-660 to connect automatically with a confirming beep.
    I wish my Sony headsets would behave that way. I just deleted and re-paired my HBH-660 and HBH-300 to double check the features. Neither of them will automatically connect with my 650 on outgoing calls. If I don't push the headset button, the calls only ring through the Treo's earspeaker. I tried the same experiment with the TWH, and it immediately connects on outgoing calls.

What Treo 650 model do you have (CDMA or GSM, locked or unlocked)? What firmware are you running?
    Ok here is my review. Sony HBH 660 and TWH are both good headsets when it comes to sound and clarity and call transfering. My advice is; if you want battery life, go with TWH. If you want caller id, go with SE HBH 660. Also TWH got some nifty tricks in bag with multi purpose button (like, redial....etc) which you can use right off the headset without touching Treo650. But when everything is said and done I will go with Logitech Mobile Pro headset. It is clear but has more noice cancellation than both above mentioned headsets, It is if you like big headsets with boom. But when it comes to business calls in loud and noisy areas and 8 hours of battery life, Logitech Mobile Pro is worth every penny. I think now i got very good selections of Bluetooth headsets so I can comment on any bluetooth headset :-).
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    Ok here is my review. Sony HBH 660 and TWH are both good headsets when it comes to sound and clarity and call transfering. My advice is; if you want battery life, go with TWH. If you want caller id, go with SE HBH 660. Also TWH got some nifty tricks in bag with multi purpose button (like, redial....etc) which you can use right off the headset without touching Treo650. But when everything is said and done I will go with Logitech Mobile Pro headset. It is clear but has more noice cancellation than both above mentioned headsets, It is if you like big headsets with boom. But when it comes to business calls in loud and noisy areas and 8 hours of battery life, Logitech Mobile Pro is worth every penny. I think now i got very good selections of Bluetooth headsets so I can comment on any bluetooth headset :-).
    What if I want best sound, least static, least outside noise (I have a convertible)? How much is the Logitech Mobile Pro and where is cheapest place to get it (is there a brick/mortar store so I could test it and return)?

Also, I read that the Logitech is not really handsfree because you have to answer the call with the Treo for it to pick up on the headset? Is that right? The Scala and the TWH ring in the headset and you just push the button on the headset to answer (and to hang up). Is this different for the Logitech? How long does it take for the call to transfer to the Logitech after you answer? Is there an audible noise when you hang up so you know the hang up registered with the Logitech (the Scala has this but the TWH doesn't).
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 05/19/2005 at 02:43 PM.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Also, I read that the Logitech is not really handsfree because you have to answer the call with the Treo for it to pick up on the headset? Is that right? The Scala and the TWH ring in the headset and you just push the button on the headset to answer (and to hang up). Is this different for the Logitech?
    Not true. There's a multi-function button right below (or above depending on which ear it's on) the volume button. See it? It's used the same as every other headset I've ever used (including the Scala).
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

How long does it take for the call to transfer to the Logitech after you answer?
    Immediately. Less that a second.

Is there an audible noise when you hang up so you know the hang up registered with the Logitech (the Scala has this but the TWH doesn't).
    Yes.

If the appearance doesn't bother you, you wil love and keep this headset.
    Sprint Treo 650 with v1.12 & Custom ROM.
    I just received my TWH in the mail. I love the feel and sound, but am disappointed that when a call comes in I do not hear it ring in the headset. Is it suppose to or am I doing somethng wrong. Please advise! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    My wife uses the TWH with a VZW Treo 650. The headset rings as well as the phone.. at the same time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast