Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    trying to determine if two programs are mapped to side button. Downloaded Palm Internals and am advised to find 'hede.' Realize that I am in over my head. Realize I don't have a clue on PalmOS programming. Do you know of anything that could help me learn PalmOS or how to use Palm Internals?
    Load up the latest version of PalmInterfals (1.9.46). Launch it, after it scans memory press the Notif button. All of the events are listed alphabetically, with the applications that have registered to be notified numbered below the event. Scroll down to hede (a key press event) and see what is there. Anything that needs to know about key presses should be listed (KeyCaps, SoundOff, etc).
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Thanks so much.

This is what I got

--hede--

86 'Butler' m68k 64510910
    87 'PACE' unk 20CB2493 ref

I am guessing that I need to delete "87 'PACE' unk 20CB2493 ref" to eliminate the problem I am having with the side button. I've got figure out what this entry relates to. Right?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    how do I find out the who is creator a68k?
    a68k is created by Palm. All of the programs that aren't ARM compliant for OS 5.0 (which is most apps these days) are run in an emulation mode and the Palm OS creates an a68k file each time they are run. You can try to delete the a8k files, but they will come back.

What's wrong with your side button? I don't think it has anything to do with what you are trying to do with Palm Internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    Thanks so much.

This is what I got

--hede--

86 'Butler' m68k 64510910
    87 'PACE' unk 20CB2493 ref

I am guessing that I need to delete "87 'PACE' unk 20CB2493 ref" to eliminate the problem I am having with the side button. I've got figure out what this entry relates to. Right?
    I doubt that's the problem... Like wcarlson says, let's start looking at the problem first. All that the data from Palminternals tells us is that Butler and some other program are monitoring button presses... Not at all indicative of issues with the side button assignment.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Thanks. The goal is to use the side button as I would use the center button of 5-wave button, to select a program. I am in LauncherX, Butler allows me to use the volume buttons to go through the various tabs I've set up. But when I press the side button to get into the applications in the tab, I get a beep. The Butler developer suggested that some other program has hi-jacked the side button.