Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    Does any one else have a problem with directory assistant not pulling up complete phone numbers for business searches? Fopr some reason I can only get 7 numbers (which include the area code) which makes it unable to call the business that I was looking for. It worked fine when I first got it, but it caused several soft resets this morning and after deleting and reloading it, I can't pull up full phone numbers.
  2. #2  
    I find myself getting quite a few Fax numbers instead. ?
  3. #3  
    I installed DA on my Treo 650 for Cingular and worked perfectly! Great program...

    Until now, when I perform a search, any search, I get the following error messages:

    1. Error in PrvNetCalclNetAddr()call

    2. Could not open socket!

    3. Error executing Query!
    Possible Reasons:
    -YP.com had no mathces
    -Communications Error
    -Results format error
    -Busy Server
    -Server error

    I had tried deleting DA and re-installing it and still getting the same messages... any known software conflicts or fixes for this problem..

    I would hate to not have DA, such a great utility!

    PLEASE HELP
  4. #4  
    Do you guys all have the latest version? I definitely had the same issues with DA until I upgraded. Getting onlly 7 digits, including the area code, was really annoying.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by milpar34
    I installed DA on my Treo 650 for Cingular and worked perfectly! Great program...

    Until now, when I perform a search, any search, I get the following error messages:

    1. Error in PrvNetCalclNetAddr()call

    2. Could not open socket!

    3. Error executing Query!
    Possible Reasons:
    -YP.com had no mathces
    -Communications Error
    -Results format error
    -Busy Server
    -Server error

    I had tried deleting DA and re-installing it and still getting the same messages... any known software conflicts or fixes for this problem..

    I would hate to not have DA, such a great utility!

    PLEASE HELP
    I get this too, so it must not be a "regional" thing, since others are getting it else where as well...

    Does anyone know where the dtatabase for the query comes from? Many names or businesses I look up are "not found". But when I call 411 they have the names or businesses number's that I need. I am inputing the correct spelling and information required too...!
  6. #6  
    If the developer can get this issue fixed, he has a customer (Me) waiting in the wings. One of the handiest programs available.

    BUT, needs to make sure it continues working even if the web site changes its formats, and so that Sprint or other carriers can't block it.

    Then, I will send the cash.
    RJuhl
  7. #7  
    this issue is being discussed in the forum's software section
    Treoing & Loving it
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    this issue is being discussed in the forum's software section
    There's a few threads going right now about this. As gt5l said, there is an ongoing discussion in the Software section.

    Try and search before posting so we don't have 124,245,395,138,781,567,512.1 threads on the same topic at the same time please.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #9  
    Since the thread was active, I feel it was appropriate to respond to it.

    If the moderators don't like the thread, they are free to shut it down, but the old fall back to 'do a search' is getting to be a very rude reply to everyone who has a question. It is going to ruin these forums if that is the automatic answer. And Yes, I know there are other threads, but either the thread starter didn't, or feels his question was unique. I therefore tried to reply without the rude "do a search".

    Sorry if this offends you, but I am getting offended with the 'do a search' statement to just about everyone. (Not just by you two, but from many different high posters)

    Now, a reminder that THIS forum is for HARDWARE not SOFTWARE would have been more appropriate.

    It is now getting to the point where it is more offensive to see 'that reply' than it is to see a question that could have been avoided by 'the search'. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by rjuhl; 05/15/2005 at 10:43 AM.
    RJuhl
  10. #10  
    This is the very reason to search. So we don't have a hundred threads on the same topic. Why you feel the need to be offended is beyond me.

    The Moderators are obviously unaware, therefore this thread is still here. However, I will inform them so they can combine them.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This is the very reason to search. So we don't have a hundred threads on the same topic. Why you feel the need to be offended is beyond me.

    The Moderators are obviously unaware, therefore this thread is still here. However, I will inform them so they can combine them.
    I don't disagree about the multiple posts that get created by not searching. It is just that 'search' is becoming too frequently used as a reprimand, even to new posters, who may not use the search feature properly, and therefore get no good results.
    RJuhl
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl
    I don't disagree about the multiple posts that get created by not searching. It is just that 'search' is becoming too frequently used as a reprimand, even to new posters, who may not use the search feature properly, and therefore get no good results.
    It is not a reprimand. At any rate, I've notified the mods about it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This is the very reason to search. So we don't have a hundred threads on the same topic. Why you feel the need to be offended is beyond me.

    The Moderators are obviously unaware, therefore this thread is still here. However, I will inform them so they can combine them.
    I agree with the other poster that it is just rude when you ask a question and then get "just do a searchĒ what does it matter if a topic is discussed in more than one thread. There are only so many topics that can be discussed anyway. These people who go around like thread Naziís really need more in their life to be fulfilled than worrying about if a thread has been posted twice. Dude, let the mods do their job. If you donít want to read a thread than i suggest you don't! That simple.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    I agree with the other poster that it is just rude when you ask a question and then get "just do a searchĒ what does it matter if a topic is discussed in more than one thread. There are only so many topics that can be discussed anyway. These people who go around like thread Naziís really need more in their life to be fulfilled than worrying about if a thread has been posted twice. Dude, let the mods do their job. If you donít want to read a thread than i suggest you don't! That simple.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rying_baby.jpg

    The reason is simple, so that when someone who does do a search for something, isn't subjected to reviewing a number of threads pertaining to the same topic. We have been asked (or perhaps I was asked through PM) to alert the Mods of redundant posts.

    Now, should I go buy their word, or yours?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #15  
    Well, that is of couse is what you are saying is true.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    Well, that is of couse is what you are saying is true.
    Yeah, I make this up

    Parts of a few PM's (I have omitted the Mods name)

    Insertion,

    Please stop your thread jacking behaviour. Sometimes it would be enough to say "do the search" otherwise leave the user alone.
    I do agree with you when you post "do the search" but the postings after between you and dutch are the one's I am referring.

    I find nothing wrong with having fun but having fun at the expense of other user's (st******y) is the ones I am concerned about as I am sure you don't want someone posting the same about you.

    Believe me, I have enough of these duplicate post as well. I will merge whenever I can find a duplicate.

    Thanks.
    Must we continue with this nonsense??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yeah, I make this up

    Parts of a few PM's (I have omitted the Mods name)





    Must we continue with this nonsense??

    What if, when someone asked about something repetitive, or started a repetitive thread, we repetitively asked them to do a search, to the point that all the repetitiveness caused a vortex in the space/time continuum and Treocentral was stuck in it. Then we would be forced to repetitively relive this thread, over and over, repetitively, until the end of time?


    OR


    We could do what many of the "old-timers" around here did when I asked something repetitive...find the answer for them and provide a link, then PM them with advice on how they could have found it themselves. That pretty much ended the repetitive thread (with an answer mind you) and taught newbies how to fend for themselves, all without the repetitiveness of the "do a search" reply. All you're really doing when you say the repetive "do a search" is saying "Nyah, Nyah, I know how to do something you don't!"
    Just my repetitive two cents.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  18. #18  
    Ahhh...but then we would have many repetitive small threads, rather than one large one crashing about the space/time rift, and with so much repetitivisity, TC may be sucked up, and disappear. Dare we risk that??

    Seriously though, it's one thing if the subject is old and buried, but there are at least three threads going on right now about the same subject.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #19  
    Also, in the interest of fairness to the topic, try Handmark's Express. GREAT program and 411 works like a champ!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ahhh...but then we would have many repetitive small threads, rather than one large one crashing about the space/time rift, and with so much repetitivisity, TC may be sucked up, and disappear. Dare we risk that??

    Seriously though, it's one thing if the subject is old and buried, but there are at least three threads going on right now about the same subject.
    I think the problem here is that you've caught forum-disease - too much time on your hands + more than 2600+ posts = jerk. Take a break, go outside and get some sun, you do live in So. Cal after all.

    And if you don't like what I've just said, consider this, I'm moderating you the same way you're moderating others.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions