Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey there,

I tried doing some searching and couldn't find anything real relevant to my issue. I have a Treo 650 (Cingular) and currently sync it at home with my laptop and Palm Desktop. Since I use gmail for personal mail, I opted for Palm Desktop to sync with so that I could have a backup of my information as well as quickly enter items via the computer instead of the device itself.

At work we use Outlook 2003 which is connected thru our company's Exchange 2003 server.

Is there a way that I can sync my Treo at work so that I get my corporate calendar and contacts (as well as my boss's shared calendar) and then also have my Treo's calendar items sync with my Outlook work calendar. This way, I'll always have my personal information and work information on the device and when I go home in the evenings, and sync with my laptop (running PD), I'll have my work data backed up on that computer as well.

I hope my question makes sense. Any advice and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks for the support!
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    I do the same (Palm Desktop at home, Outlook at work). Install Palm desktop software at work, this time choosing to install the Outlook conduits (the install CD gives this option when it's done installing the Desktop and Hotsync software).

I have disabled every conduit at work except "(Calendar) Outlook" and Backup. You can enable more Outlook conduits at work if you want. Personally, I don't want the 100's of contacts in my corporate Exchange server on my Treo..

Make sure you update the Outlook conduit to ver 1.02 from the PalmOne web site.

There are issues with meeting organizer information getting munged if an appointment is edited on the Treo. Search for "Outlook Organizer" in the forums here. You'll see lots of discussion on that.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Awesome. I'm going to go ahead and purchase PocketMirror Professional XT by Chapura for work, along with an extra hotsync cable, and I should be set! Thanks!
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    You don't have to purchase PM Pro XT, PalmOne has conduits that meets most basic Outlook sync needs.

I will be interested in certain aspects of PM Pro XT, if you end up using it .. (like how/what it ends up syncing to/from Outlook meetings that have multiple attendees etc.to/from Calendar).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Well, like you said in your original reply, I search on those issues people were having and indeed that will become a problem for me. Our Outlook calendars, speficially the one I share with my boss, has a lot of multi-atendee meetings in it. I'd hate to ever have to modify anything and screw that up when I sync again.

Unless of course you're saying that Palm's fixed their Outlook conduits?
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    I'm not sure if Chapura has fixed their product!

I never get a straight answer from them whether they transmit the Location, Attendee and meeting organizer information correctly between the Treo 650 and Outlook. Location and attendees are accesible in the PalmOne Calendar for such items.

PalmOne conduit has one problem: if I edit the appointment on the handheld, even in PalmOne's Calendar, then on the next sync, the item loses the meeting organizer information in Outlook. You become the initiator of the meeting instead of whoever the original inititator was. Any changes to the meeting by the original initiator gets lost and may other bad things happen.

Don't know how PMProXT does these things...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'll see if work will pay for it... if not, I'll just stick with Palm's solution and won't modify anything lol! $39.99 is a little too much for my own wallet when the expense is 100% work related.
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    Please let us know about your experience with the Chapura product ..

I am very interested to know if I can use Chapura at work and Palm Desktop at home with the PMProXT. Does it disable the Palm conduits on the Treo, for example? or just add it's own?

If it adds its own without disabling anythings on the Phone, then you can do the Outlook at work and Desktop at home scenario. I don't know if that's the case...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  9. seh
    I too am interested in the results. I am using palm and outlook at the same time at the office. While this was fine for a while, it is becoming a hassle. Good luck to you (and the rest of us).