Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    another strong vote for the shure. people do not believe that i'm even in a car, let alone driving way too fast with the top down
  2.    #22  
    Well, many testimonials as to the superiority of the Shure Quietspot, plus it's $50 and the others are $150 (and don't support Treo yet), so got the Shure unit. Maybe I just have more noise from going Mach 1.5, but when I called folks to ask "Hey, how does it sound now?", most reported so much wind noise they could hardly hear my question. So guess I'm back to trying them one at a time.

No, I don't drive on a booster seat with my head sticking up into the windstream!
    Mike Caldwell
    I've tried the Shure Quietspot as well and thought it was great.
  4.    #24  
    Convertable?
    Mike Caldwell
    Oldmike, I assume that you had the wind screen on the mike at the time? I really have had great luck with the thing...

---edit---
    If you bought it from Shure, they have a 30 day return policy...
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmike
    Convertable?
    Personally, I use my Shure QS in a convertible and I've had excellent performance at 80mph with the top down.

Just to be clear, I use the Boom version, not the Inline. That might make a difference.

And as someone else posted, I use the windscreen.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Short term solution....roll up the side windows while on the phone....significantly reduces wind and road noise (but doesn't eliminate it) although you look like a geek while you're on the phone. Also...better idea....stop and make the call. The rest of us on the road will thank you!
  8.    #28  
    DUH!!!!! Windscreen!! Who knew? Hey, I'm an engineer; why would I read directions for a headset. You just put them on your head, right? So, someone said "windscreen", and sure enough there is one in the little plastic bag. Popped it on, and whatayaknow: works like a charm.

My apologies and thanks.
    Mike Caldwell
    same question, but the Shure is corded - what about a Bluetooth headset ?
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Personally, I use my Shure QS in a convertible and I've had excellent performance at 80mph with the top down.

Just to be clear, I use the Boom version, not the Inline. That might make a difference.

And as someone else posted, I use the windscreen.
    Perhaps I missed it, but I couldn't locate a model specifically for the Treo 650 on the Shure website. Did you get the QSHB3? Was there an adapter required? TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Perhaps I missed it, but I couldn't locate a model specifically for the Treo 650 on the Shure website. Did you get the QSHB3? Was there an adapter required? TIA.
    I'm pretty sure it was the QSHB3. Basically, there are two models, one for Nokia phones (QSHB4, I think) and one for everything else. Get the one for everything else, no adapter needed.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
  12.    #32  
    Still get a bit of noise, reported as "I can still hear you OK but can hear the wind too." Think I'll try a bigger ball of foam on the end, or perhaps a foam more dense. Other things aside, the foam ball might improve a BT mic, or any mic for that matter, in a windy situation.
    Mike Caldwell
    I am going to try the Shure QuietSpot with boom and I hear of people talking about a wind screen. What exactly is that and does it come with the headset or must you buy it separately.

Thanks

Marv
    it's a little foam ball that slides onto the mic. it is included.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    To reiterate above: Has anybody found a bluetooth headset with similar noise reduction profile?

I'm currently using the Scala 500. Seems to be pretty good except if I drive at any significant speed with the top down.
    Try the Logitech Mobile Pro with the foam ball on the mic.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Well tried out the Logitech Mobile Freedom (the one with the windtop) and it is better than the Jabra but everyone says all they can hear is wind. I also tried the Logitech Mobile Pro and it is no better than the Freedom. Although I really like the Mobile Pro as it has good sound, is easy to put on with one hand and interfaces with the Treo 650 BT well.

I guess I will now try the Shure QuietSpot with boom. If anyone is having success with either a wired or BT headset taht works well in a Jeep Wrangler with the top off please let me kow. My Land Rover D90 is open the same way.

Thanks,

Marv
    Best Way To Eliminate Background Noise In A Convertable?
    Let her sit in the front.
    Another thing you may try, if you can manage to do so with your head set, I use the one that came with my Treo, and I just put the mic portion inside my shirt. Cuts down on the noise pretty well. You could probably put it under your collar too if you are wearing a polo or some other collared shirt.
    I've used TheBoom pretty successfully while driving and in and around noisy environments. I'm quite pleased with it and can recommend it. The only negative feedback is that some callers have heard a line noise like a soft humming. I haven't yet determined if that's from the headset or the jack on the treo.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast