1.    #1  
    OK, I have not seen this posted yet (as he opens a new window and does a search...) This program is called TechSounds v5.0 and it is showing as new on PalmGear

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=0&prodid=2239

I was a registered user since way back when it was TrekSounds and IIRC I started out using it on a TRGPro... It is a nifty program that allows you to assign sounds to all the various actions on your Treo, including ringtones.

I have been testing it out all morning and although it is not perfect (what 1.0 is???) it works and it is stable.

It is not a free upgrade for those of us that were v4.x users, but what the hey.

Nifty thingy number two is that I finally have SnapperMail saying, "You've Got Mail" which I was unable to do prior to this (don't even mention LightWav to me, I will NOT ever use a ToySoft product again)

Well, if you want a communicator, you need this software. You will so geek out that women will steer around you on the street

I am going to link out to the other post, but I thought this fine software deserved a thread all to its own...
    OMG this program is annoying! I installed it and then uninstalled it within 5 minutes. It is a bit of a memory hog too. Oh well. Just my 2c
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose
    OMG this program is annoying! I installed it and then uninstalled it within 5 minutes. It is a bit of a memory hog too. Oh well. Just my 2c
    Yep, she makes some noise, doesn't she? But then, that is what this program is designed to do, make noise. I can see how one might find it annoying. For those of us who are married and have no need to attract a female any more, it is oddly satisfying to have your $600 handheld make some Trek-Like futuristic sounds. Definately not for everyone.

A few things for those out there who wish to use the program but want to save memory and be less annoying.

1. Set only the sounds that you want to play and set the others to silent. Presto, all the geek factor you want, with none that you don't. You choose how geeky to be!

2. Delete the sounds and soundsets that you have no desire to use to save space.

3. Import your own sounds and customize to the desired geek level...

Cheers
    Sounds like fun ... I am going to give it a try. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid

Nifty thingy number two is that I finally have SnapperMail saying, "You've Got Mail" which I was unable to do prior to this (don't even mention LightWav to me, I will NOT ever use a ToySoft product again)
    E-mail the attached .amr file to your Treo and open and save and then choose it as a tone for snappermail, I use it with Chattermail and it works fine

**Note if you do not initially see it in your tones list do a soft reset, when you email it to your treo you may have to rename it..I believe the default name will be "???"
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    E-mail the attached .amr file to your Treo and open and save and then choose it as a tone for snappermail, I use it with Chattermail and it works fine

**Note if you do not initially see it in your tones list do a soft reset, when you email it to your treo you may have to rename it..I believe the default name will be "???"
    Way ahead of ya, tried that the day I learned about AMR ringtones, doesn't work with Snapper...
    I downloaded this last night (TechSounds) and played with it but now all of a sudden the sound packs are gone! They seem to have disappeared and are not showing up and I keep getting the message that I have no sounds loaded ... any idea what happened?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I downloaded this last night (TechSounds) and played with it but now all of a sudden the sound packs are gone! They seem to have disappeared and are not showing up and I keep getting the message that I have no sounds loaded ... any idea what happened?
    Wow, no idea. Have you tried to just reinstall? I registered mine yesterday and they are all still working normally. The wife hates it!!!
    I am going to reinstall it when I get home from work and see if that fixes it...