1.    #1  
    I thought I saw it here once, but I can't find anything through searching. Isn't there a program that will let me use the keyboard on my Treo handheld to type onto my computer? Thanks.
    Maybe with something like TapSmart's HandShare or Junefabric's PdaReach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    I thought I saw it here once, but I can't find anything through searching. Isn't there a program that will let me use the keyboard on my Treo handheld to type onto my computer? Thanks.
    WHY would you want to do this?

I can see want to use my desktop keyboard to type on the Treo, but why the other way around?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    hes got keypad skillz.
  5.    #5  
    OK - I have a pc installed in my car (replacing my Margi Presenter to Go - see my thread "turning my treo into a car pc"). I can now have GPS and live traffic feeds using PDANet! I have a bluetooth mouse to control the pc - but instead of buying a bluetooth or USB small keyboard, there has got to be a way (either wired or bluetooth) to use my Treo keyboard to type on my connected PC! That's Why!
    One option would be to use PalmVNC (if you have networking setup), but that's not exactly what you're looking for. I really don't think an application exists to do what you want, except for something very specialized like PalmAMP to control Winamp on a PC.
    It may be possible to write a Palm app that basically traps keystrokes and sends it over an IRDA or Serial (over BT) medium with the desktop running an application listening on that communication port and using the PostMessage/SendMessage API to the current active hWND, or even using the VBVBVB $Sendkeys$ $function$.

You could really even do it over TCP/IP if both devices could "talk" to eachother.

I'd be willing to write the desktop end but lack the necessary programming skillset for the palm device. Anyone willing to work jointly on this? I can handle the Win32 side.
    Quote Originally Posted by h2m3
    Maybe with something like TapSmart's HandShare or Junefabric's PdaReach.
    Nice. My employer locks down a slew of web traffic and sites, as well as MSN Messenger/etc. PDAReach is going to be outstanding. I'm a fast qwerty typist and was tired of having to IM over my phone using the keypad. Using a 104 key keyboard is going to be awesome and this software solution is much cheaper than another keyboard. Rocking!
  9.    #9  
    I actually have BOTH Handshare and PDAReach on my Treo. I use Handshare when I want to duplicate my Treo screen on the monitor in full screen mode. PDAReach does not have full screen capabilities. PDAReach works well when I have GPS running on half of my monitor, and have traffic reports through my Treo on the other half. I have tried MDesk also, much like the other two.
    Unfortunately, neither of these lets me type from my Treo to the PC. There must be a way to have my Treo act as a bluetooth keyboard instead of paying over $100 for one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    I actually have BOTH Handshare and PDAReach on my Treo. I use Handshare when I want to duplicate my Treo screen on the monitor in full screen mode. PDAReach does not have full screen capabilities. PDAReach works well when I have GPS running on half of my monitor, and have traffic reports through my Treo on the other half. I have tried MDesk also, much like the other two.
    Unfortunately, neither of these lets me type from my Treo to the PC. There must be a way to have my Treo act as a bluetooth keyboard instead of paying over $100 for one!

Saw the post over at mp3car too, but figured it'd be best to post the reply here. I've been working on the same problem, and there's currently only one solution I've found:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=53300

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be supported anymore by the developer (the developer's site gives a 404 error).

I tested it out on the 650 the other night, and it works well -- but its not well suited to the treo.

I've been thinking about trying to hack up the same thing... depends upon the difficulty in implementing a bluetooth HID device in SW.

Give the above a try... it'll do the trick for you for now.
    who is watching the road?
    The Treo 650 VGA camera, duh :P
    I think this will do what you want:

PebblesPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabbith
    I think this will do what you want:

PebblesPC
    GREAT find, thanks for sharing.