Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I cannot imagine atleast my Treo without Causerie?How do you feel if your Treo lacks an IM?Is there anyone who are addicted to IM's just like what happened to me with Causerie?
    I use IM a lot (yahoo messenger) even at work. My IM says I am mobile, shows me who is on and when I am not in the office, I can ask my boss questions or keep in contact with my kids. It would suck to have unlimited data on sprint and not have IM.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I use all of them to keep track of the crew. Verichat rules, most powerful..

Causerie still gives an alarm for no reason, seems to escape them too!
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    IM's what are those?

No really I don't ever use IM, never really have. I haven't seen a way to use them in a business sense. As a matter of fact I am going to start a new thread to get some ideas.
    Couldn't imagine my Treo without verichat...

I don't even use AIM on my laptop anymore...only my Treo.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I use IM a lot (yahoo messenger) even at work. My IM says I am mobile, shows me who is on and when I am not in the office, I can ask my boss questions or keep in contact with my kids. It would suck to have unlimited data on sprint and not have IM.
    Hi t2gungho,

I also use Yahoo Messenger with my Treo 650 by Sprint. I am reasonably certain that I am NOT getting charged anything extra by using Yahoo IM. Even my alloted 100 text messages per month by Sprint is not affected whenever I check my account.

Would you agree with me that you are not incurring any additional charges by Sprint for using Yahoo IM ?

Thanks, Casey
    Never used IM/SMS/MMS. Never will (probably).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I never use IM. I just use the phone.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Verichat and Chatter. I can't live without them.

Al
    Glad I found this thread. Just recently created a Yahoo IM and an AIM account (different groups of friends are on different services). I loaded Trillian on my desktop to handle both IM accounts. Incredible. Now I'm looking for a solution to do the same on my Treo600 (Sprint). Based on the devil's comments (dlbrummels) it looks like Verichat could be the way to go but I have a 600, not a 650. Off to do more searching on IM's. Any interim advice in the meantime?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    AOL IM and texting via SMS are the meat and potatoes of my constant communications. It is by far the most reliable and effective way to stay in touch. Take those away and you might as well take away the qwerty keypad from the Treo. And thank goodness for unlimited text messages on my vision plan.

------------------------
    Sprint Treo 650
    1.08 rocks !
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Glad I found this thread. Just recently created a Yahoo IM and an AIM account (different groups of friends are on different services). I loaded Trillian on my desktop to handle both IM accounts. Incredible. Now I'm looking for a solution to do the same on my Treo600 (Sprint). Based on the devil's comments (dlbrummels) it looks like Verichat could be the way to go but I have a 600, not a 650. Off to do more searching on IM's. Any interim advice in the meantime?
    Verichat is flawless on the T600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Hi t2gungho,

I also use Yahoo Messenger with my Treo 650 by Sprint. I am reasonably certain that I am NOT getting charged anything extra by using Yahoo IM. Even my alloted 100 text messages per month by Sprint is not affected whenever I check my account.

Would you agree with me that you are not incurring any additional charges by Sprint for using Yahoo IM ?

Thanks, Casey
    I have unlimited now but you seem correct. I would check my usage, then use the messenger for a while and then log off and check my usage and it wouldnt change.

Someone else brought up the point that because it was yahoo that sprint stated somewhere that they won't count sms messages against you for using them? I didnt really understand it but it seems to play out that way.
    I'm a dedicated Chatter user - but whether you use Chatter/Verichat/other, IM is very cool on the Treo!
    I paid for causier abd everything, and I LIVE on IM on my desktop, but I keep getting dropped on my Treo. Is there some way to force it to stay connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Verichat is flawless on the T600.
    Yep, so far so good. Will give it the full test-drive during business hours tomorrow (Friday). My primary concern is the possibility of missed incoming phone calls on my Treo600 even when not IM'ing but still connected. Anyone experience a noticeable volume of missed calls (increased voice mails perhaps) when starting out on IM for the Treo?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    If you stay out of the Verichat application itself (it'll still pick up your incoming IMs if you have your preferences set properly - try SMS) then you're missed calls will be minimal. You still might get one or two every once in a while, but not many. If you are in the Verichat application then you'll miss quite a few.

I am truly an IM on Treo (Verichat) addict.
  18.    #18  
    It seems like everyone needs an good IM just like Causerie or any other IM offering some stable and reliable service.
    Here is a good article on why to use IM at the Blackberry forums:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2973
    sorry...newbie here, how do u even use verichat...what is the SMS address that they ask for when you start the program.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast