Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    The only thing I don't like about IM on my Treo 650 is that if I use it in the 'always on' mode, I have to recharge my battery everyday. Otherwise I can go 3 days before having to recharge.
    It is worth pointing out to you that PalmOne recommends charging as often as possible...it's in the manual.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAfan
    When u reach office, block your wife, dad and kids, and when out of office unblock them and block business people.
    ...IM is important on treo.
    And Aunt Tillie, Uncle Moe, and all the other relations at work, .....all the business people I do NOT want to talk to at any given time which changes on a day to day hour by hour basis ?

There's a reason people have answering machines and secretaries...so they can choose which calls to take. I don't use IM on any of my PC's. I have written prohibition against using it on any corporate PC's. 95% of IM that akes place in te offcie is soemthing management would generally not approve of. Y ever seen that commerical for one of the IM thingies where the college kid duct tapes his IM'ing roomate to a tree....that's me <g>.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    It is worth pointing out to you that PalmOne recommends charging as often as possible...it's in the manual.
    Sure, but charging, no matter how easy, is still somewhat of a pain when you move around alot. I charge at home, and at work and then at home again. Not having to charge your phone for a while is a good thing, one less thing you have to think about, One step closer to automation.

A longer charge gets a vote in my book vs having to charge more frequently.
    But that's me, i'm not speaking for those who enjoy pluging up their phones just to charge multiple times. {= )
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I just want to say I've used Treo Messenger for Yahoo for a couple of weeks now and it's pretty sweet. Of course, only my wife knows I'm on it but that's good for now. So I stand corrected. My battery life hasn't been impacted either.
    Can we sign into our Yahoo in Invisible mode? Does Causerie or Verchat support this.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Treo Messenger for Yahoo can use invisible mode and it's free.
    take away IM from my treo and I wouldve just kept my sidekick II. I personally IM more than I make calls. and sms as well...never have mms and prolly never will.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    So Verichat or Causerie does not support this. Atleast can I use stealth settings using these IM's for Treo.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    never been a big fan of IM. Work sticks me with a RiM pager (or whatever they are called now), that is all I need for text.

I do use SMS for friends now and then, but never really use anything on my PC.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123