1.    #1  
    Ok, got a Sprint Treo from eBay (first mistake maybe??), and I'm having one nagging issue so far: I'll tap the Red phone button to turn the screen off, and when I want to activate it, I try tapping the button again, but nothing happens! I hit every button I can think of, but nothing works. I have to remove the battery for it to come back.

What's up with that??? HELP!!

Ken
    before any one else flames you about this. it's a known issue with the Treo 650. it sometimes takes 2 taps of the red button to briong the screen back on. nobody knows why, and it appears to be 3rd party software independent. There have been numerous discussions about this topic throughout the board, so be prepared to be scalded by the "search" nazi's.
    hope it helped :-)
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sh9854
    There have been numerous discussions about this topic throughout the board, so be prepared to be scalded by the "search" nazi's.
    hope it helped :-)
    You learn well young jedi.

Really though I had this problem as well. It only happens to me when BT DUN is enabled. Maybe he should try and turn off BT and see if it does then.
    Quote Originally Posted by sh9854
    before any one else flames you about this

Why are you flaming that poor noobie. I swear, people need to lighten up.
    Ha, he said "Search Nazi's"......It's the Forum Police.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    hahaha. Are we all Nazi's ? :-P
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You learn well young jedi.

Really though I had this problem as well. It only happens to me when BT DUN is enabled. Maybe he should try and turn off BT and see if it does then.
    Bluetooth is off... and I tried a search, but I guess I used the wrong words or something....

Thanks for the replies.

Edit: nothing wakes the unit up. The light flashes green, and no matter what I do it doesn't work. I can't even receive calls when it's like this. And if it's charging, the light is red, and when I unplug the charger, the light stays on and red. What's going on here??????
    Last edited by kenjancef; 05/12/2005 at 06:48 AM.
    try a hard reset, or even better a zero out reset. if the problem persists then most likely it is a hardware issue, if not start installing app one by one to identify the culpirt. Do not sync after hard reset, as that will reinstall apps, you need to start clean.
    Instructions for zero out reset and setting up new sync folder are available at palm's website.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Ha, he said "Search Nazi's"......It's the Forum Police.
    More like Village Idiots

For real... make this forum a place no one really wants to visit that much... let alone post. Visit howardforums.com and see what a nice group of guys there... professional, adults... ask a dumb question.... it will get answered, but someone will post a link to another post... not make childish remarks... and wait for others to circle in on the fun....

Then the Village Idiots here get mad when you call them out on their stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjancef
    Bluetooth is off... and I tried a search, but I guess I used the wrong words or something....

Thanks for the replies.

Edit: nothing wakes the unit up. The light flashes green, and no matter what I do it doesn't work. I can't even receive calls when it's like this. And if it's charging, the light is red, and when I unplug the charger, the light stays on and red. What's going on here??????
    In all honesty, I believe you got ripped off on Ebay. Phones should at least work before someone sells them! Contact seller and return.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Why are you flaming that poor noobie. I swear, people need to lighten up.
    What have you done with Dutch???
    I'm back!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    try a hard reset, or even better a zero out reset. if the problem persists then most likely it is a hardware issue, if not start installing app one by one to identify the culpirt. Do not sync after hard reset, as that will reinstall apps, you need to start clean.
    Instructions for zero out reset and setting up new sync folder are available at palm's website.
    Did all the resets I could.. since I just got the phone yesterday, I haven't even connected it to my PC, let alone install any apps.

Thanks for the reply.

Ken
    Did you do a zero out reset? Last thing on this page.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...SE=887#zeroout
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Did you do a zero out reset? Last thing on this page.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...SE=887#zeroout
    Guess I didn't do all of the resets. I will try that one.

Thanks for the info!

Ken