1.    #1  
    Okay, I know we are all waiting and we have all heard different dates. But I have to ask has anyone heard any news as to next firmware release for 650 unlocked GSM phones?

Note only: While in Indonesia for the past 2 weeks and on an Indonesia GSM carrier I only had resets once every 3 or 4 days. I get back to the states and I am getting my ususal one a day. No changes in software, etc. I think a lot of the problems we are having relate to carrier capability issues with the phone and some how it causes random resets in whatever app you were last using. And yes I do believe as well it is tied to the memory issues (leaks, NVFS structure stability, etc.).
    no news come out. still waiting
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    Note only: While in Indonesia for the past 2 weeks and on an Indonesia GSM carrier I only had resets once every 3 or 4 days. I get back to the states and I am getting my ususal one a day. No changes in software, etc. I think a lot of the problems we are having relate to carrier capability issues with the phone and some how it causes random resets in whatever app you were last using. And yes I do believe as well it is tied to the memory issues (leaks, NVFS structure stability, etc.).
    Out of curiosity, were you using GPRS in Indonesia? Do you use it in the US? I was recently traveling in China and experienced that same thing... I don't think the phone self reset once the two weeks I was there. (For what it's worth, I usually get a self reset maybe once every three or four days here in the US). In China, however, I was using Voice only with no GPRS, so that might be the difference for me.

Brett
    I had a similar situation but on different coasts. When travelling out in San Francisco I never had a single reset nor call drop, but have had 3 phone call drops and 1 reset today alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce
    I had a similar situation but on different coasts. When travelling out in San Francisco I never had a single reset nor call drop, but have had 3 phone call drops and 1 reset today alone.
    What network? There's quite a few of us in SF, and we get resets all the time
  6.    #6  
    BrettS,

Actually, no GPRS in Indonesia, ie no data app access (email, etc.)...and I use GPRS in the US. That maybe it ... in terms of incompability