Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    guys this decision is easy! much appreciated all

heheh I cant wait to get one, I want to trick it. Meaning, during the summer (until next year i think) they are doing construction on the 417 Trans-Canada between Ottawa and the border. What is happening is that they are ripping up the ashphalt and laying down a concrete deck. It seems very nice and it has been holding despite the -40c winters and the +40c summers. But what they are doing is each side of the highway has two lanes, and between them is a ravine (the two sides never touch except when in Ottawa proper). What they are doing, the westbound side, which is the side they are doing the construction on, funnels all the traffic into one lane, and the constructin company made temporary ramps which takes the westbound traffic to the eastbound side. So for 2x 20km stretches, the 417 is one way each way. I heard that Tom Tom will tell you if you are going the wrong way (i think). I would love to see what happens in that case

They are doing the same thing on the 40 side of the highway (in quebec). But my people in their right mind (dont ask me why) made their ramps so sharp that you have to go from say 120kph to 50kph in a split second LOL
    Hello,

Just did some testing with Moto HS850 (like the headset, but have to manually connect BT). With TomTom running, I was able to answer the HS850; this disconnects TomTom. When I restarted TomTom, it re-established it's BT connection.

I have been very happy with the TomTom GPS receiver; pulls a signal in my home office, near a window, with no problem; have not had an opportunity to test in city like NY. Not sure who makes it; markings on back are: "Model: TomTom Wireless GPS (9821x)" also indicates: SiRfxTrac. Accidently left on in car one day, only got about six hours of use out of it - still love it

Took a picture which shows paperclips "stuck" to magnet in GPS receiver. Take care, Kevin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KevMiami; 05/13/2005 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Attached Photo
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    TomTom does infact re-route you if you take a wrong turn. This is a great feature when you are in heavy traffice in an unknown area and make a wrong turn. However, it is also a big pain when you take a substantially different route than what it plans. It will talk to you and talk to you - I just silence the Treo until its route makes sense again (i.e. it's shorter to follow your "known" route, than to back track to its original route). The same applies when you are new roads not in the data base; it shows you in the middle of nowhere and keeps trying to redirect you to the closest road it knows. Any GPS unit will exhibit this same basic behavior - you will have a lot of fun with it!

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Just did some testing with Moto HS850 (like the headset, but have to manually connect BT). With TomTom running, I was able to answer the HS850; this disconnects TomTom. When I restarted TomTom, it re-established it's BT connection.
    Kev,

I have not been able to get my HS850 to work correctly all the time. Sometimes it will answer the call and sometimes it will not . I have used it while TomTom was active and after I completed the call, I re-started TomTom and the route was still programmed into the software and the hardware re-established the Bluetooth connection.

What do you mean when you say that you have to manually connect it (the HS850)? Does that mean that you have to open the boom and press the multi-function button to answer the call? I have that issue as well (when the headset works at all).
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    I have only had the HS850 for a few days, but it seems pretty much oblivious the Treo, except when the boom is open and I press the MFB once to either answer a call; or to transfer to a call, once I have initiated a call via Treo keyboard. Disappointing, but I like to cord-free solution and volume is adequate in a quiet environment - all the third-party programs floating around don't really seem to make much of a difference in BT volume.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12