1.    #1  
    I commute to work by bicycle, while listening to audible books on my MP3. I plan to use my just-ordered Verizon Treo 650 as an MP3. I bicycle at about 20 mph and there is significant wind and traffic noise. Whatever Bluetooth headset I get needs to have sufficient clarity and volume to hear the book reading with one ear, and be securely attached at speed. Which BT headsets should I consider?
    Semper_Felis:

I have the Sprint 650 and use the Scala Cardo 500 BT headset. I use it in the
    car and also while riding my bicycle.

While you CAN make and accept phone calls...and it works great you CANNOT, to
    my knowledge listen to audible books or mp3 music with a BT headset on the Treo
    650. This is because the Treo 650 only supports bluetooth version 1.1.

In order to listen to music and books with bluetooth the Treo would have to be
    capable of supporting BT version 1.2. Unfortunately, it does not.

What I do is have a Seido retractible phone/stereo headset to listen to music
    and audible books. Not what you want, but I think that's as good as it will get for
    now.

Dave
    Yep, no dice on bluetooth. I use a pair of Sony earbuds with the radioshack 3.5 to 2.5 adapter... treo in the bag under my seat with the cord coming up and wrapping on the frame part of the way...earbuds are good because they stay in snugly and help cancel out wind noise etc. without actual noise reduction electronics (like the first pair I owned and left on a plane)... if wanting to talk on the phone, I have the treo wireless headset and it fits comfortably under my helmet
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Semper_Felis:

This is because the Treo 650 only supports bluetooth version 1.1. In order to listen to music and books with bluetooth the Treo would have to be
    capable of supporting BT version 1.2. Unfortunately, it does not.

Dave
    I take it that Bluetooth version 1.1 is hardwired into the Treo 650, and no software or memory upgrade in the future will enable the 650 to sport BT Version 1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch
    I take it that Bluetooth version 1.1 is hardwired into the Treo 650, and no software or memory upgrade in the future will enable the 650 to sport BT Version 1.2?

That's my understanding. My bet is, though, that the next Treo will probably support bluetooth 1.2 or beyond. Just an educated guess.
    There has been debate about this on the forum. Some have said the chipset in the Treo from Broadcom does support BT 1.2 and it's a software problem. Others disagree. I hope it's the former but that doesn't mean Palm will do anything about it until the next Treo version.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."