1.    #1  
    When I set up my POP account using Outlook, there is an option to leave messages on server. Is there any way to specify this using Versamail? I'd like to leave the messages on the server so when I get home I can download them to my Outlook account. Thanks.
    I may be wrong but isn't that the difference between POP3 and IMAP?

IMAP allows you to leave messages on server
    POP3 does not.

So, just because outlook says you have that option doesn't mean you actually have it.

You will need to get a IMAP account to do leave messages on server.

I personally only use IMAP, so I could be wrong.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    No, POP3 has always provided the option of leaving on the server. Retrieving via POP3 does not automatically delete - that requires a separate command to the server, though some clients do both by default.

IMAP's big advantages include read/unread status, folder manipulation from the client, and the ability to see multiple mailboxes from a single session.

But to (not) answer the original question: I'm afraid I don't know, never having used POP3 from my Treo.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    No, POP3 has always provided the option of leaving on the server. Retrieving via POP3 does not automatically delete - that requires a separate command to the server, though some clients do both by default.

But to (not) answer the original question: I'm afraid I don't know, never having used POP3 from my Treo.
    Really?

Back in the day, when I was using my cell to check Email, I was having the same problem (phone not leaving messages on server). So, I called IT and they said I would need to use IMAP to have that functionallity. So, I switched to IMAP. And then it worked fine.

So, he lied to me (or more likely I just needed IMAP, to leave messages on server, for that model cell?)
    Soylent Green Is People

You can do it. I have a POP3 and leave my messages on the server.

Go to Preferences, then Server, then check "Leave mail on server after downloading to Versamail"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Really?
    Yep, really. See http://www.good-stuff.co.uk/useful/pop3.php for a nice summary of the available command set, and note that RETR and DELE are separate commands. He either lied to you, was incompetent, or your phone's POP3 app wouldn't do one without the other; you decide
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    So whats the difference between the two then?

My same Email from my ISP, I can have be POP3 or IMAP.
    Soylent Green Is People

Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    So whats the difference between the two then?
    The $0.05 answer is that IMAP is newer and better, especially if you're accessing your mail from multiple machines. The $1.50 answer can be found here.

My same Email from my ISP, I can have be POP3 or IMAP.
    If both are available, I'd use IMAP.