Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just purchased an Unlocked Treo 650 and can't find where I can get the 24 CTU Ringtone. Please help if you know where I can find this ringtone even if it's not FREE.
    Google "24 CTU ringtone", or something close. I did that and found a great site in the first 3 or 5 that came back. I know this particular site had it in both wav and mp3 format, and it was free. Sorry I don't have the URL to send you, but Google will get you there.
    I'm back!
    You might search for "avaya ringtone" too - that tone is just a standard Avaya digital PBX phone tone, as used by any number of businesses around the country. The exact combination of tones is customizable by the individual, but all of our office phones sound like some variant of CTU.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    I don't think the midi one that I found sounded nearly as good as the mp3 and wav ones that I have. Keep searching for the wav or mp3 version, it sounds great.

It was literally one of the first hits that came back from a Google search.
    I'm back!
    jmill - can you post your mp3 version?

What are you guys using to play .wav or .pm3 tones? Ringo?
    Last edited by mshaw1515; 05/11/2005 at 02:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    >>Avaya digital PBX phone tone

Err...no...it is the default Cisco VOIP handset ring, not Avaya (all the phones on 24 are Cisco).
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    jmill - can you post your mp3 version?

What are you guys using to play .wav or .pm3 tones? Ringo?
    I can now. I've attached both.

Yes, I'm using Ringo Pro.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm back!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the files. Now that you have sent me this how do I get it on my Treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcevoys

Err...no...it is the default Cisco VOIP handset ring, not Avaya (all the phones on 24 are Cisco).
    Then perhaps Cisco and Avaya use the same tone chip, or maybe one rebrands the other, but our Avayas sound just like 'em.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Use the Palm Quick Install tool to Hotsync them to your SD card. Or email them to your phone. You will need a ringtone manager (Ringo Pro, Lightwav, Phone Technician, etc) to use them.
    I'm back!
    These ringtones were originally used on the old AT&T MERLIN systems. They date back from the 1980s. You can search the Internet for "Merlin" ringtones and you may find some. Also, I recorded several and have them available at http://www.leonine.com/~lion/phones.php in PCM format for use with Cisco 7960 (et al) series VOIP phones.

edit: You will need to do some kind of format conversion to use these. I've personally used a Merlin ringtone on my Sprint phones ever since the first series of Vision phones (LG 5350) .. the same ringtone across all phones, inclusive of my T650, means I don't have to retrain my ear to listen for other rings, but does make me pay attention when around phone system that are similar (like when in Best Buy).

edit2: I converted my ringtone into QCELP format, and haven't needed to recovert them since the 5350. You can find a QCELP converter for Windows on Qualcomm's site.
    Last edited by Lion; 05/11/2005 at 04:30 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Are the ringtone managers you listed Free Third Party Software and is there one that you reccommend out of the listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kward
    Are the ringtone managers you listed Free Third Party Software and is there one that you reccommend out of the listing.
    No, none of them are free, but they all have free trials so you can see which one you like the best. None of them are expensive either. I recommend Ringo Pro, that's what I'm currently using. I had Lightwav for a while, but it was very buggy (crashed on incoming calls, extremely annoying). It's high on style but lacks substance. Ringo has worked out the best for me. There are numerous "Ringo vs Lightwav" threads if you'd like to see what the general consensus is.

If you don't feel like paying for a ringtone manager, you can download the midi version someone provided a link to earlier in this thread. The Treo uses midi ringtones and doesn't need a separate manager for those.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcevoys

The phones on 24 may be Cisco, but they don't use the default ringers. We use Ciscos in our office, and they have their own simplistic ringers. However, you can specify custom ringers for them. In this case, they are AT&T -> Lucent -> Avaya ringers (all the same company).
    thanks all!!
    I located my ctu midi ringtone. I zipped it. Let me know if you can access it as I have never uploaded a file to this site before.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks All! I love treo|central!

So - trying ringo to play the .mp3 version. It only plays the tone once - is there a way to loop it so it keeps playing?
    Last edited by mshaw1515; 05/11/2005 at 05:37 PM.
    sorry for being so treo inept, how do i use the ringtone once it is saved on my phone?
    Take a look at my ringtone: download.

I've used VirtualDub to extract the audio from the movie, then edited with Cool Edit Pro.
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast