Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i turned on SMS notifications of all new email on my BC settings. It is pushing now, I'll report back if it quits working. I only had one device listed "smartphone"
    That's now pushing an SMS to me that I have email, but it's still not pushing my email to BC. I still have to sync to get it. That's not what I was looking for.

How difficult is it to make BC work exactly like it did last month?
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Seems to work for me now. Started around 9AM PST today.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Seems to work for me now. Started around 9AM PST today.
    Without enabling SMS?
    I'm back!
    mine has continued to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    mine has continued to work.
    But are you getting an SMS first? I'm getting an SMS, then I have to go to BC and sync to get the emails.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Without enabling SMS?

I made no adjustments. It just started working again this morning. I did call Sprint a couple of days ago....unless they did something.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    I made no adjustments. It just started working again this morning. I did call Sprint a couple of days ago....unless they did something.
    Mine hasn't been working, but I had enabled SMS to see if that would fix it. I've disabled SMS (wow, that was annoying), we'll see if it starts pushing again.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by BP57
    In looking at the desktop client i found 13 devices listed. what's that all about? which ones are safe to delete?? some have my current hotsync id, some an old one and the first device is just my phone number. should i just keep that one?
    I had this happen on Cingular XPress mail (Same Seven mail software.) It's some bug. In any case you can delete all of them except for one. I don't remember but I think I deleted all of them then re-created the primary one.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I had this happen on Cingular XPress mail (Same Seven mail software.) It's some bug. In any case you can delete all of them except for one. I don't remember but I think I deleted all of them then re-created the primary one.
    This worked! I deleted both devices I had listed (they had my home phone number as a device for some reason), recreated my cell phone device, and saved it. I'm getting my email pushed through BC again!

You the man (or woman), taylorh!
    I'm back!
    This worked! I deleted both devices I had listed (they had my home phone number as a device for some reason), recreated my cell phone device, and saved it. I'm getting my email pushed through BC again!

Man (happens all the time.)
    Sweet, glad it worked!
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Man (happens all the time.)
    Sweet, glad it worked!
    Name like Taylor on the internet, you never know. I didn't want to insult you right after you helped.

Not many girls named Jeff, so I don't usually have that issue.
    I'm back!
    Name like Taylor on the internet, you never know. I didn't want to insult you right after you helped.

Not many girls named Jeff, so I don't usually have that issue.
    When I was given the name (1970) Taylor was considered a male name. It's not until the 80's that Taylor Dane officially made it more prominently a female name and suddenly mothers decided it was a great name to give their daughters.
    Funny thing is that when my wife uses my credit cards she never gets questioned, or when picking anything up for for me. She even made it through airport security with my boarding pass once (we had them switched.) I guess they didn't buy that I looked like a Laurie That's TSA for you. Good thing she was still within earshot to come back and rescue me.

Yeah I hate it when dudes hit on me over the internet. Eeeew I avoid it by mentioning my wife frequently.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Yeah I hate it when dudes hit on me over the internet. Eeeew I avoid it by mentioning my wife frequently.
    Yeah, I'll stop hitting on you now.

I'm kidding, I don't swing that way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But no, still not hitting on you.
    I'm back!
    interesting...my boss's treo650 stopped receiving emails yesterday, i restarted the desktop client and it came back, but this morning same thing, this time he actually left me the treo (that's a 1st...), the error message said "cannot communicate with desktop client...", the tech support guy said to reinstall the desktop client and reregister from the Treo, it came back up after that, any chance of all these instances being related?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfan
    "cannot communicate with desktop client..."
    I see that ocasionally (again in on Cingular XPress mail, same thing.) I find that if I wait about 2-3 minutes and try again the desktop client has re-established it's connction to the server and I can get mail again.

Only once I had to shut down the desktop app and simply re-start it and it worked. I guess something on my PC crashed or there was something with our internal network that crashed the app.

I don't think re-installing is necessary unless re-starting the app or rebooting the PC doesn't help.

I use the "push" option in conjunction with the "smart power sycnc" option so that if push breaks down, the sync will force the client to re-connect with the desktop app within 15 min. This sometimes re-kickstarts the push function.
    Also unselect "push" force a manual sync. Then recheck "push" and force a manual sync sometimes re-starts the push in rare cases it has stopped working forme. At least I think it helped (or it was coincidence.)(
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

HEYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I posted that 12 posts before Taylorh! Where do I get my gumball?

Every time you reregister the BC, it creates a new device. After a while it doesn't know which sync key to send the push signal to {I think}
    Only once I had to shut down the desktop app and simply re-start it and it worked. I guess something on my PC crashed or there was something with our internal network that crashed the app.

I don't think re-installing is necessary unless re-starting the app or rebooting the PC doesn't help.

yeah i tried both of those, so reinstalling was my last option pretty much
    Here was my odyssey:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled desktop client
    - Sync Treo; it now requires me to generate new security keys
    - Next I get a message saying that a new version of client app is available (6.3.8.9). I download and install the new version
    - New version installed on the Treo
    - SMS sync still not working!

Wow, what a pain. I don't think the Treo is going to become a widely used consumer device if people have to go though this kind of crap.
    Mine began to work again last week. I got the message over the weekend about the new version. I downloaded that version to the phone and to the desktop. Now the push has quit working, should have known better than to mess with something that was working fine.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast