1.    #1  
    I just setup web/email on my Treo 600 and I wanted to see what the best email client to use is. The only one on the phone is mail2web. Any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zach
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I've tried SnapperMail, VersaMail, AgendusMail and ChatterEmail on my 650. I bought Chatter, having found it to be by far the best, especially (but not only) if you have IMAP. Amazing service, a wonderfully full-featured, easy-to-use program, with relatively little overhead. I find it's virtually like having a full-fledged e-mail client shrunk down to a little Treo. There's a free trial download here --

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=35&Itemid=77

and the author promises free upgrades once you buy it. I have a 650 but Chatter says it works on the 600, so I am sure it does. It's a wonderful program, IMO.

Wo
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    snappermail2 for a POP3 account
    Chattermail for an IMAP account

hofo_mofo:

Using Snappermail with IMAP - will this setup give me the SAME performance as with ChatterMail? Will I automatically get my email (a la Blackberry), or will I still have to 'ping' the server periodically to get email?

Thanks,

Robert
    ^nothing will ever come even close to chattermail and its IMAP support. However if you went with the snappermail program you would be ready for both types of present day email protocols. But if you are only doing IMAP, chattermail is the only way to go
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ^nothing will ever come even close to chattermail and its IMAP support. However if you went with the snappermail program you would be ready for both types of present day email protocols. But if you are only doing IMAP, chattermail is the only way to go
    So essentially, Snappermail CANNOT download mail similarly to the way Chattermail does, which is the closest thing to Blackberry email for the Treo, right?

Thanks for the QUICK reply!

Rob
    hofo_mofo: Chatter's POP3 support is pretty complete; I have a LOT of users who use ChatterEmail with both IMAP and POP3.

Marc
    DOH DOH! and hurray..."good news slappy, I'm not going to kill you!" (Stewie, Family Guy)

Marc, whats it missing ...man time for me to rock on
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    So essentially, Snappermail CANNOT download mail similarly to the way Chattermail does, which is the closest thing to Blackberry email for the Treo, right?

Thanks for the QUICK reply!

Rob
    Chatteremail utilizes the 'idle' command so if your IMAP provider has it, as soon as your email server gets your email, you almost instantly get it on your treo (alas the blackberry experience you desire )
    The only (and I mean ONLY) negative for Chattermail is Battery Life (at least on my Treo 600).
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Also, SnapperMail offers IMAP only in Snapper's highest price "Enterprise" version, which is about US$60.

The one thing SnapperMail has that I wish Chatter had (and I am sure one day it will) is the ability to store e-mails on the SD Card.

Wo
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    The only (and I mean ONLY) negative for Chattermail is Battery Life (at least on my Treo 600).
    I thought the same thing until you replace that old battery. Once you do, you'll easily go a whole day without charging (and I send/receive lots of emails/sync 3 email accts, and talk on the phone a lot.)
    Quote Originally Posted by wocius
    Also, SnapperMail offers IMAP only in Snapper's highest price "Enterprise" version, which is about US$60.

The one thing SnapperMail has that I wish Chatter had (and I am sure one day it will) is the ability to store e-mails on the SD Card.

Wo
    Why store emails? They usually arent that big. The attachments are the memory problem and Chatter allows you to download and save them to the SD card.

Chatter is KING!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I agree Chatter is King!

But e-mail storage is an issue for me, at least until P1 fixes the memory-hogging issue on the 650, because I do keep e-mails for a long time. With IMAP, I'd have to use Blazer to access my e-mail server from the road, unless the messages were on my Treo.

Wo
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wocius
    With IMAP, I'd have to use Blazer to access my e-mail server from the road, unless the messages were on my Treo.
    Um, wouldn't I???
    wocius - I don't understand; why couldn't you access the server via Chatter, regardless of how many messages you'd want to store on the Treo??

Marc
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This is like finding out your loved one is a concert pianist. I didn't know I could!