1.    #1  
    it works well with most everything BUT the 650? Same with the 820? I did some searching and it doesn't look good, but these are the headsets I wanted now that I have other phones. So are they really that horrible with the Treo?

Also, will the rebranded Jabra(the Treo headset) work well with other devices? Or is it really for the Treo ONLY? Anyone know? I also don't like the fact that many posts say you need eargels for the volume to work on this model, but if it works better with the Treo than the Moto models and with other devices as well, I guess I'll be going to Radio Shack today. Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    it works well with most everything BUT the 650? Same with the 820? I did some searching and it doesn't look good, but these are the headsets I wanted now that I have other phones. So are they really that horrible with the Treo?

Also, will the rebranded Jabra(the Treo headset) work well with other devices? Or is it really for the Treo ONLY? Anyone know? I also don't like the fact that many posts say you need eargels for the volume to work on this model, but if it works better with the Treo than the Moto models and with other devices as well, I guess I'll be going to Radio Shack today. Thanks!
    I use the Moto 820 and have not had one single problem with BT connectivity. I've seen a few threads where people have had troubles. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    The Treo headset DOES definatly work with other devices. I paired briefly with an Audiovox SMT5600 (didn't pay attention to autoconnect on outgoing, but I bet it works, it's the 650 that's crippled).

Right now I'm connceted to my laptop with the TWH listening to iTunes, since the headset is BT1.2 you can do that. Sound quality isn't perfect, but it's FM quality (from one ear of course, but still it's cool at work).

I'm pretty happy with it, but I only paid $50, I wouldn't pay more than $60 for it for sure. Headsets are overpriced, I want BT EARBUDS for my iPod, I'd pay $300 for that . On of these days...
  4.    #4  
    I think I'm going to get the Treo headset. It appears to be the only headset that will ring with the Treo 650. Not my first choice, but that feature is important.
    Hopefully it will pair with the RAZR and maybe a PPC too.

Why is it that hardly any headset will ring with the Treo? Because the 650 has the older version of BT?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I love my treo headset. I just hate that the blue light flashes even when u are not on the phone. the moto 820 flashes for about 5min and stops.
  6.    #6  
    From another thread, looks like the 850 won't act right with the Treo either, although that's on the CDMA version. I don't think I'm going to spend $100 for limited use on the Treo, although I'm SURE it'll LOVE it's fellow Moto devices. The Treo headset does seem to favor the Treo from what I've read since it's the only headset that will do everything. What I really need is a good all-around BT headset that doesn't favor its own kind. Anyone have any suggestions? Otherwise, I may have to buy 2 headsets, the Treo and the M850 and just separate them with their respective devices.

Which BT headset works the best with the Treo 650. I have a Motorola one and it seemed to work ok. It works great with my husbands V551 phone.
  8.    #8  
    No advice from anyone on a good all-around BT headset?

does anyone have a hs 850 that does work with the sprin treo after uodate? autoconnecting?
  10.    #10  
    I just decided after reading too many posts on how the Treo seems to hate Moto headsets, to just cave in and buy the Treo headset for Treo and Moto for the rest of the phones I have. Funny only the Treo seems to not work with Moto.

I just bought the 820. We will see.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/12/2005 at 02:46 PM.

I've used the HS850 for about 1 month its not the greatest but its good for now. I have the Sprint plan with the treo 650 and have it to answer automaticlly after 2 rings and then my Moto picks up by it self very cool..so at this point I don't have to touch anything..
    Last edited by Maxima_Neo; 05/12/2005 at 09:26 AM.
    Maxima_Neo
    Computer Support
    White Plains, NY