Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm experiencing some slowness and freezes with fw 1.23. It seems that zlauncher might be the problem, but I really can't tell. Is there a way to see what process is hogging the processor, similar to what task manager does in XP? Btw, I started fresh this morning with a hard reset, deleted my hotsync dir and reinstalled all my apps and re-registered them. This includes:
    Zlauncher 5.2
    butler 2.86
    backupman 1.53
    verichat 2.84
    docs to go pre 7.006
    isilo 4.25
    ledoff
    resetme
    ptunes 3.09
    tomtom 2004
    snapper 2
    tcpmp 0.65
    splashid 3.22
    xiino 3.4.1

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    Is there a way to see what process is hogging the processor, similar to what task manager does in XP?
    Sysinfo: http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...e&prodID=36679
    thanks. I will try it out, but from the info I read, it can tell me what is in memory but not how much processor utilization each program is using.
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    I'm experiencing some slowness and freezes with fw 1.23. It seems that zlauncher might be the problem, but I really can't tell. Is there a way to see what process is hogging the processor, similar to what task manager does in XP? Btw, I started fresh this morning with a hard reset, deleted my hotsync dir and reinstalled all my apps and re-registered them. This includes:
    Zlauncher 5.2
    butler 2.86
    backupman 1.53
    verichat 2.84
    docs to go pre 7.006
    isilo 4.25
    ledoff
    resetme
    ptunes 3.09
    tomtom 2004
    snapper 2
    tcpmp 0.65
    splashid 3.22
    xiino 3.4.1

Any ideas?

I've tried Zlauncher , ptunes & verichat all three have given me some problems. I tend to install a program then run it for several days to assure stability before installing another application. due to the 650 being primarily a Tool for us to use managing a Business I have to have a absolute stable platform No Gee whiz and all function..
  5.    #25  
    LewisL77

Our apps overlap with Zlauncher 5.20 and Verichat 2.84. But my Treo is behaving perfectly since the upgrade to 1.23 last Friday May 13th! I think your problem is with an app or how an app is interacting wht the new memory management.

Reinstalling your apps via HotSync could be a problem too since it uses your old save and unsave preferences file. My suggest is to hard reset and install the apps manually. Its a bit of a pain, but helped clear up my slow down problem.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Actually, I did delete my hotsync Id directory which included all my previous info. So when I hard reset, it asked me to create a new id and I started fresh. I then proceeded to reinstall each app one by one and re- register them(new saved/unsaved pref files). I forgot to mention I use keyshades to turn off the key lights, so maybe that is causing some conflict. Currently I'm running without Zlauncher for a few hours and it's been ok , but that was the case before with zlauncher running. Usually after a day or 2 since soft reseting, It would slow down to a crawl and I would have to soft reset again to get things going. I'll see what happens tomorrow and report back.
    Well, I been running without Zlauncher for about a day now and have not experienced any slowdowns. What themes and iconsets have you guys been running with zlauncher? I'm running the default aquawood theme and OS5 iconset.
  8.    #28  
    I use a theme called Zoopiefixed which is a very minimalist design. I really like it. It reminds me of the original launcherX design.

Attached is the theme for you to check out. I hide the top bar and always leave the bottom bar visible. I adjusted the background color of the bar to match the tab coloring both are which a very light blue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Thanks! I'll try it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibo1969
    Hi mrothstein,

that happens in some cases, when there are conflicts with other installed apps on your device. Just reset your Treo650 to its factory defaults ( push hard-reset, wait for the P1 logo and hold the red phone button etc. ).
    Insert your SD card with the upgrade files and the error should be gone and the installation should proceed without issues.

Enjoy
    Ibo
    I forgot to hit the "quote message" checkbox when I tried to reply with a thank you a moment ago. Thanks for the tip, ibo1969!
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I use a theme called Zoopiefixed which is a very minimalist design. I really like it. It reminds me of the original launcherX design.

Attached is the theme for you to check out. I hide the top bar and always leave the bottom bar visible. I adjusted the background color of the bar to match the tab coloring both are which a very light blue.
    Thanks for the theme. It has a clean simple look. I'm testing it out now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12