Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I just got my TWH yesterday and so far I'm really happy with it, with one exception. It seems that everyone I'm talking to can hear an echo of themselves whenever they say something. A few people mentioned this in the (long) TWH thread and I've seen people mention similar problems with other bluetooth headsets, but not everyone seems to have the problem. Is it a problem with a defective headset or are the people I'm talking to just more sensitive about it than others? I'm assuming that the problem is the fact that the speaker is so close to the mic on the headset, but you'd think that they could cancel out sound from the speaker or something on a $70 device. People suggested lowering the volume, but I have to get it so low that I have to strain to hear the person on the other end in order to stop the echo. Any other ideas? I love the TWH and I especially love the fact that it works with the Treo's charger, but this is enough to make me consider switching to another headset.

Brett
    I think it's the mic picking up the speaker. My mom told me the same thing, I lowered the volume on the headset and it went away. She also said my voice sounded better after I turned it down. It made sense to me, in mean the mic is very close due to the small demensions and very sensitive because it's kind of far from your mouth. This coupled with max speaker volume results in a feedback echo effect. Anyway that's what my problems was.
    JW
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Like I said... I tried turning down the volume, which worked, but it had to be so low to stop the echo that I couldn't hear people well enough to carry on a conversation. I did stop by Radio Shack and get a package of the Jabra eargels which definitely seemed to stop the echo problem, however, I find the headset slightly less comfortable to wear now and a bit more difficult to put on. It also makes carrying the headset in my pocket much more difficult as the eargel tends to stick to the fabric in my pocket. Still, though, I think the benifits of the TWH outweigh the problems of the eargel, so for now I'm going to keep using it with the eargel unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

Thanks,
    Brett
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I also recently purchased the TWH, after reading the various threads here. I like the Treo branded headset, and how it looks. I don't like the round, bulbous-looking headsets.

Anyway, overall I'm happy with it, although I'm still only on my first few days of use, so still getting into a routine. I noticed that the headset does not fit snugly next to the ear (as a separate issue from the speaker's position in relation to the ear canal), so the headset flaps around a bit against the ear. Unless I'm doing something wrong. I wish it were a little more snug against the side of the face. I suppose the ear gels will help resolve that, in addition to improving the sound quality.

I went to RadioShack to get some Jabra ear gels, since I remembered that was what everyone seems to recommend. However, they had two package types: one containing eargels specifically for the Jabra headset (all one size) and another with mixed size ear gels. Which should I get, and which size fits on the speaker stub on the TWH. (I can't believe Palm didn't include some sort of cushion/eargel since the speaker otherwise hovers a few milimeters in/out of the ear canal).

[On a related note, I think the corners cut in various ways, such as BT 1.1 or lack of built-in voice memo, are inexcusable for such an expensive device]
    Palm III > Treo 600 > Treo 650 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Sprint)
    Macbook C2D 2.0GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Munir
    I also recently purchased the TWH, after reading the various threads here. I like the Treo branded headset, and how it looks. I don't like the round, bulbous-looking headsets.

Anyway, overall I'm happy with it, although I'm still only on my first few days of use, so still getting into a routine. I noticed that the headset does not fit snugly next to the ear (as a separate issue from the speaker's position in relation to the ear canal), so the headset flaps around a bit against the ear. Unless I'm doing something wrong. I wish it were a little more snug against the side of the face. I suppose the ear gels will help resolve that, in addition to improving the sound quality.

I went to RadioShack to get some Jabra ear gels, since I remembered that was what everyone seems to recommend. However, they had two package types: one containing eargels specifically for the Jabra headset (all one size) and another with mixed size ear gels. Which should I get, and which size fits on the speaker stub on the TWH. (I can't believe Palm didn't include some sort of cushion/eargel since the speaker otherwise hovers a few milimeters in/out of the ear canal).

[On a related note, I think the corners cut in various ways, such as BT 1.1 or lack of built-in voice memo, are inexcusable for such an expensive device]
    I would love to know which eargels people use because the ones I put on my TWH kept falling off.