Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there an app or can someone make on that is just plain and simple to just add a background to the launcher. The reason i ask is because i dont really like any of the launchers out there but still want an image back there. Please help. thanks.
    Ditto.
    same here and when i try to use a pic on my sd card it never looks right, doesnt really fit...
    Same here...I would like a true backgound image...not one that is squeezed into the space left between buttons. The calendar/agenda view does EXACTLY what I want, including being able to make the image fade out to whatever degree you want (to make text more visible). If only the default launcher and phone views could do the same. I don't want to add a different launcher program just to accomplish this simple task! And while we're at it...how about a FULL SCREEN caller ID picture with the same fade options...are you listening PalmOne??? There's still time to get this in the firmware update...seeing as it's not 'officially' out yet!
    Last edited by paris; 05/11/2005 at 12:47 PM.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    I'll Ditto All ~O~ That!
    I'll even Ditto the Ditto. (I want it as bad as he does I'm sure)
  6.    #6  
    I agree that something like the agenda view is perfect. I have found skinner works well for the phone side but nothing for the launcher yet. is there anyone out there who can write an app and post it. I'd be willing to throw down a few bucks for it
    You know I had an app that did this on my M505 and M515. It would just place a background image behind the standard, stock launcher.

IIRC, it was buggy and never got updated to stable.

I remember playing with it for a while getting a Palm logo for my background, tweaking it for just the right contrast and such.

I can't remember the name of it, I will have a search through my Palm Software Archive and see if I can find it. I have 15 CD's full of software for the PalmOS dating from my first palm in 1997. Might take a while
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    You know I had an app that did this on my M505 and M515. It would just place a background image behind the standard, stock launcher.

IIRC, it was buggy and never got updated to stable.

I remember playing with it for a while getting a Palm logo for my background, tweaking it for just the right contrast and such.

I can't remember the name of it, I will have a search through my Palm Software Archive and see if I can find it. I have 15 CD's full of software for the PalmOS dating from my first palm in 1997. Might take a while
    find it!
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    find it!
    Roger that! I am sure it is on the same disk as PiDirect II and XMaster 1.4....will look when I get home tonite...at work for the next 4 hours
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Roger that! I am sure it is on the same disk as PiDirect II and XMaster 1.4....will look when I get home tonite...at work for the next 4 hours
    :::::round of applause being doled out:::::::
  11.    #11  
    any news on the CD
    bump bump
  13.    #13  
    nothing yet?
    Please!!!!!!!
    Post it if you find it
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    please post it for d/l...or alteast reply if you haven't find it...
    OK, OK.....Been a sh!te week, on the flightline 12 hours a day, haven't seen my kids in 4 days, wife forgot my name and the dog bit me when I got home from work today......BUT....

I found the file I was referring too... Doesn't bode well for OS5, but here is the link. I even have my registered version from my old M505!

http://www.twilightedge.com/bdez_docs.html

Updated in 2004....not so forgotten...good luck,

I am off to collapse in bed....
    Thanks Matty, I sure do wish it would work but it doesn't work on the 650. Were you able to get it to work on the Treo?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Thanks Matty, I sure do wish it would work but it doesn't work on the 650. Were you able to get it to work on the Treo?
    Never even tried. I recalled it being so buggy on my M505 that I wouldn't dare give it a go on my beloved 650....I am sure it is not compatible just by reading the page.

Heck, it never (IIRC) even worked well on my old TRGPro, M505 etc...can't expect it to work on a OS5 device...

Sorry....
    NP, thanks for the reply!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I used BackdropGC on my old Treo 270 and never had any problems.

I sorely miss it and have emailed them a few times but never got any response.

Maybe if we all email them!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast