1.    #1  
    OK,
    This is my 3rd Treo. Had 270, and a 600. ( I like to upgrade) Just got the 650 last week. So far, every morning, I wake up to find the keyboard light on. The display is off though. It appears to be happening around 3 am. (if I don't point the keyboard away from the bed, its so bright it wakes me up .... )

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with the 650 ?
    Last edited by scottknauss; 05/11/2005 at 03:54 AM. Reason: additional description
    Quote Originally Posted by scottknauss
    OK,
    This is my 3rd Treo. Had 270, and a 600. ( I like to upgrade) Just got the 650 last week. So far, every morning, I wake up to find the keyboard light on. The display is off though. It appears to be happening around 3 am. (if I don't point the keyboard away from the bed, its so bright it wakes me up .... )

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with the 650 ?
    Ive got two Sprint Treo 650s, and they dont do that, but every single Treo 600 Ive had (6 so far) wakes up at 3:30am - Treo phone home... Wakes me up, too.
    And why doesnt the keyboard on the 650 dim along with the screen display?
    That thing'd really wake me up if it woke up!
    my keyboard use to turn on randomly during the day, i'm sure if it did it at 3:00 am cause i'm usually sleeping. do you have mlights installed? that's what was causing mine to do it. it was causing the same thing on my mom's treo. we both removed the program and haven't had that problem since.
  4.    #4  
    Nope, no mlights . . . . . . Nothing to control the lights at all.
    yet. . . . .
    two possible explanations, snappermail does its cleanup at 3AM, time app by jeff gibson also does a check a 3AM.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I think it's some sort of issue with the carrier and the SIM card--Cingular?.

My Cingular 650 did this from 3:15am-4:00am at irregular several minute intervals while I was traveling both nationally and internationally. Concurrently, I had problems where all my outgoing phone calls in another US city (other than my home city), while on the Cingular network, would reach Cingular customer support (regardless of what number was dialed or indicated) and where voicemail would connect only to a message about "PCS" service.

After many, many calls spanning several days to Cingular about this, I finally was referred to a rep who seemed to know what was going on and told me that my 'SIM did not have the latest update'. Not sure what she meant, but a few hours later my phone began to work in other American cities and I no longer encountered this problem when traveling. Could be coincidental, though, too.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    snappermail does its cleanup at 3AM
    FYI: a recent beta release of Snapper allows the user to specify the the cleanup time.
  8.    #8  
    Ahha ! Must be Snapper mail. But why doesn't the Keyboard light turn off ?
    Ah well, not that worried about it now. I installed KBlights, and it does the job nicely. Can't dim the keyboard, but it doesn turn the keyboard light off
    Quote Originally Posted by scottknauss
    Ahha ! Must be Snapper mail. But why doesn't the Keyboard light turn off ?
    Ah well, not that worried about it now. I installed KBlights, and it does the job nicely. Can't dim the keyboard, but it doesn turn the keyboard light off
    I asked earlier, and didnt get any answer, is there any s/w that *can* dim the keyboard? I thought mlites made that claim somewhere, but I have also been told the keyboard is only on/off - not dimmable from a hardware standpoint. That keyboard is blinding in a low light environment.

The thread referenced immediately above is for the 600 (every Sprint 600 I have/had does it), the 650 doesnt seem to do the same thing, at least for the 2 ones that I have.