Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There is a tool named DBCache Tool on the following url:

http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/DBcT/

The following thread on 1SRC is where I found it:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86635

This seems to be a solution for DBCache problems on NVFS palmos devices like T5 and Treo 650.
    Interesting that, I searched but could not find any thread about it on TreoCentral.

Anyone tried it yet ?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    id like to know as well
    mt
    I install DBCache Tool recently on my Treo 650 (GSM Unlocked), I don't notice any
    different, but when I check the "Auto clear" " on" checkbox, my treo shows
    'No Caller ID' when calls came in, & when I answer the call, there is no sound.
    The caller later informed me he also can't hear me either.

So I unchecked it, & my treo is back to normal.
    DBCache Tool must have release the memory at the wrong time.

I wonder if anyone faces the same problem?
    Wow, looks like this might solve some of the reset issues...
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Just installed it on SprintPCS 1.08 Treo 650, no issues with Caller ID/Etc.

Have it configured as follows (see attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Just installed it on SprintPCS 1.08 Treo 650, no issues with Caller ID/Etc.

Have it configured as follows (see attachment)
    Let us know if you notice it doing anything positive or negative.
    Installed it on GSM unlocked last night. Will keep the forum posted.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Initial observations: Treo 650 speed has increased in loading/switching applications. Additionally, the only instability I really have out of the Treo is during intense multitasking. IE: Blazer loading a page, rendering the graphics, phone rings - Reboot. Or, in the process of opening an email message when an incoming SMS message triggers a reboot.

Based on the information I've been able to find, it looks like those reboots could have been caused by inadequate dbCache memory available and if the dbCache application cleans the cache with a great intensity I see this application really solving a huge number of stability issues.

So far, no reboots, device seems to load applications faster, and I've yet to experience any of the bugs as described above.
    Status update:

No reboots, no problems. Phone is fast and really seems to have resolved a good deal of issues. At this point I recommend installing it and contributing to this thread.
    Can someone post the prc file?
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Status update:

No reboots, no problems. Phone is fast and really seems to have resolved a good deal of issues. At this point I recommend installing it and contributing to this thread.

Did you install just the tool file or both files that are in the .zip?
    Nevermind. Just got it. Do I install the DA or the tool version?
    How do you configure this for an individual program Evil. What settings should I be using for Snapper which is giving me constant resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Did you install just the tool file or both files that are in the .zip?
    Yeah the readme file is a bit hard to read, can someone tell if they installed one (and which one) or both?
    Thanks.

--Edit-- From reading the thread in the link, the translated readme instructs on to introduce the DA and the Tool together.
    Last edited by Fry-man22; 05/17/2005 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    Yeah the readme file is a bit hard to read, can someone tell if they installed one (and which one) or both?
    Thanks.

--Edit-- From reading the thread in the link, the translated readme instructs on to introduce the DA and the Tool together.

I finally took the time to read more. I wonder if setting up certain Apps would be beneficial? Right now I am getting resets after any backup with BackupMan. That has not happened in months with BackupMan.
    My settings are in the attached .JPG up on the list. Read up on the tool on the forum link posted on the original starting thread post.

I installed both .PRC files

I also use Snappermail
    Hmm...it doesn't seem to let me use the Button Launcher program in Palm Commander. It just keeps blinking the screen on and then off and then on again. Is anybody else able to successfully use PC with this app?

Edit: oops, I answered my own question - I had to turn off App Stop.
    I saw that Evil but what do you do when you go into "apps" and configure an individual app.

PS Please dont rip me a new one :-)
    I installed DBCache Tool the other day, set it to Auto Clear and also set it up to clear at start and end for a couple of specific applications (Blazer and Snappermail). Using the Memory Info app floating around here to check on the cache, I couldn't tell that it was releasing any memory from it at all. I'm not plagued with crashes anyway, I was just curious to see whether or not it actually performed as "advertized"...I can't say that it does.
    Interesting, I just had DBCache Tool cause a reset while I was in it. I did not even modify a setting. I just launched it and a couple of seconds later, a reset. ##377# confirmed. It has happened twice now in the last 45 minutes.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast