Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    You got Auto clear turned on? Your phone CDMA or GPRS, what firmware?
    evilghost,
    I have autoclear on, App Stop checked, and free < 4M, on a Sprint with the latest firmware update. I ran it previously on the 1.08 update with the same results.
    Zane
    Weird....You tried without running ZLauncher?
    I tried running a few apps without Zlauncher and used up as much cache as I could, and dbCache didn't seem to do anything. It's no great loss to me. I can monitor cache size with the MemoryInfo app, and reset when neede through Zlauncher.
    Zane
    Evilghost,
    do you install
    DBChacheDA.prc both with DBChachetool.prc
    or only DBChachetool.prc ?

tia
    Adrian0
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian0
    Evilghost,
    do you install
    DBChacheDA.prc both with DBChachetool.prc
    or only DBChachetool.prc ?

tia
    Adrian0
    Both were installed
    evilghost,
    I installed the DBCacheDA.prc, so I can now access the app using McPhling. Is the "clear" button supposed to clear the cache? I tried it without seeing any change.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    EvilG - can you repost your settings? The version has changed, so things look a bit different.. Also, do you have it set for specific apps? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    EvilG - can you repost your settings? The version has changed, so things look a bit different.. Also, do you have it set for specific apps? Thanks.
    I don't have the new version, and am using my original settings I posted earlier. No specific app settings...

Going to try out the new version now and will post my settings.
    Here you go, havent' translated the readme.txt yet to see differences between DB/Sync methods.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Thanks for taking a look evilghost
    No problem, when I get home tonight I'll translate the readme and see if I'm using the best settings. I'll be sure to update this thread with any additional information or changes I make. Lets all be sure to agree to update the thread if we have any issues or concerns.
    You might also want to check out this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=dbcache
    I was having resets when clearing the cache, and tracked it down it having Zlauncher active. If another app is using are accessing the cache, clearing it will cause a reset. I exit Zlauncher to the standard app launcher and can run clear the cache properly.
    Zane
    It appears the [Sync] method is much slower, I'm notice some pretty big hands when exiting Blazer. I've changed it to [DB] - [Safe].
    I have uninstalled db cache as it has already caused me to lose several files after a clearing and a reset. Im in contact with Imazeki and he said that I should disable auto clear.
    MFB - agree. After I disabled auto clear things got much, much more stable. Before that, I was randomly getting my Saved and Unsaved Preferences files mangled. Rarely anymore.
    please can someone post the PRC file here so I can download direct into the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    please can someone post the PRC file here so I can download direct into the 650
    Here you go...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well, I can't decide whether this is best in the DBCacheTool thread or a Zlauncher thread... but I'll give it a shot here anyway...

I'm trying to install the DA for ZL 5.3, and I understand that they will run from the SD card. But what I don't know, and can't seem to find in all of their wonderful documentation (*cough*) is WHAT FOLDER it expects DA's to be in... anyone have some insight to this?
    taroliw - not sure if you figured it out or not, but DBCacheDA.prc is a helper prc for DBCacheTool.prc and as such, won't appear as an icon. Only DBCacheTool.prc will appear.

If you do a "move to card" from ZL, ZL will put the files on the sd card in the \Palm\PROGRAMS\ZLauncher\Apps\DBCacheTool folder. When you launch the shortcut, all the files in that folder get copied to ram and executed from there.